Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coping with threats from Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Default Coping with threats from Coronavirus (COVID-19)

How are you guys dealing with the threats and fall-out if any (indirect or direct) from Coronavirus (COVID-19)? What are you doing to cope?

These are uniquely challenging times, never before seen that I'm aware of. Many individuals and companies are being severely affected by the indirect or direct threats. One of the good things is that technology is playing a valuable part in helping to soften the impacts and maintain some sense or normality.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

I have never seen anything like this before, truly this is the last days. Trying to pray up and ensure my life is well with God, and limit my consumption of the Corona fear news where possible, its just way too much. Trying to limit my travels and stop caring what people think when I move around in my mask!

Stocking up on food and other supplies for the entire family, trying for 2 month worth, wanted 3, but will just have to satisfy.
    Most of my business is online, thus I can work virtually from anywhere already. I am looking into paying in advance where possible a few of my business online bills, just in case something happens, God forbid I don't want my services cut off and adversely affect my business, call it a rudimentary business continuity plan.

I've seen all this happen before... you guys dont watch movies >_<

Experiencing it first hand is definately a first, 2020 hitting hard thus far and I think it hasn't even peaked as yet..

My business I can definately say is talking a hit.. been dealing with SOE for basically 2 years and now this...

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I've seen all this happen before... you guys dont watch movies >_<
    You're right, this is like one of those movies that we always thought was just a Hollywood thing.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Oh yes, they call those "predictive programming" very effective it seem, make us passive and accepting.

Well my company has been pushing and setting up for us to work from home, its quite tedious compared to a company setting, but basic things are the start, keeping areas clean, hand wash, sanitize.

as i come home from work, get clean, put away worn clothes properly.

currently i'm the network admin at home lol

Main Internet: flow Internet via cable modem (default home internet)
    backup 1 : Digicel Wimax
    backup 2 : Digicel Mobile LTE
    backup 3: Flow mobile
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    I have never seen anything like this before, truly this is the last days. Trying to pray up and ensure my life is well with God, and limit my consumption of the Corona fear news where possible, its just way too much. Trying to limit my travels and stop caring what people think when I move around in my mask!

Stocking up on food and other supplies for the entire family, trying for 2 month worth, wanted 3, but will just have to satisfy.
    Most of my business is online, thus I can work virtually from anywhere already. I am looking into paying in advance where possible a few of my business online bills, just in case something happens, God forbid I don't want my services cut off and adversely affect my business, call it a rudimentary business continuity plan.
    yep good moves. limiting movement is key, right now lone home cook meals, avoiding having others prep food - like fast food places/restaurant, i'll prob be sporting high affro if this prolongs for months -no barber visits
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Nothing different other than staying home more. Not an issue as my job already lends itself to being done remotely (my firm just initiated mandatory remote work too). Being an introvert, social distancing was already a normal thing for me so meh. Other than that just keeping a decent stash of food to minimize supermarket runs. Already have a decent supply of cleaning products (wipes, sanitizers etc.), we buy in bulk to refill our travel containers (the wife and I travel for work).

Im glad i work in IT so all my tasks can be done remotely once i have an internet connection. Only problem is the upload speed from Flow beating me bad, had to upload some files today and it took forever and people keep sending me messages asking how long before i finish lol.

Hope everyone stays safe though and dont go out unless you have to until this thing blows over.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Some people are promoting remote work but it seems to be from their own self-promotional angle. I like that there is less traffic on the road but you will eventually have to go outside for food.