Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hello programmers 2020

Default hello programmers 2020

What are you all doing? Obviously I mostly do web stuff in PHP but I have been programming a long time. I am curious to see who is lurking around here.

still fiddling with Python mostly experimenting with bots on Twitter
    Proud Jamaican and Japan Enthusiast
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Zard View Post
    still fiddling with Python mostly experimenting with bots on Twitter
    how is that going? Are you able to automatically post to a twitter account or do you have to use a service? I use a service to post my rss feed to twitter (its limited to 5 posts perday) because I took one look at the twitter api and was like fts.

I just lost a client so I'm switching focus to my own apps and company. I need to focus and get the things pushed to heroku and DO but I'm feeling very confident again and absolutely unstoppable.
    28620899862803482534211706798 pi 101

Quote Originally Posted by recursion View Post
    I just lost a client so I'm switching focus to my own apps and company. I need to focus and get the things pushed to heroku and DO but I'm feeling very confident again and absolutely unstoppable.
    The economy is really on a go slow right now. You always have to keep your side projects alive. Good luck.

Oh man it's been ages since I've been here, but I've been lurking now and then. Anyone doing it big with their side projects? I got nothing to show as when I finish work, I have to focus on the kids etc.
    Last edited by Daveyon; May 13, 2020 at 01:12 AM. Reason: grammar
    Just an average web developer.

I find that people are either too busy catching up to the latest and greatest hype language/platform/API or spending time positioning themselves to be thought leaders. both of which leaves little time for actual grunt work. Covid caught be working on one of my side projects which is a game written in C for the wii console. As for php I was writing a ja government search engine which I have not run the crawler recently because of all the possible changes that must have happened since covid.
    Last edited by owen; May 13, 2020 at 02:53 AM. Reason: fixed link

Same here in the UK. Im predominately a ruby person but only touch php at this new job. I do have a side gig but finding time to complete it seems impossible.

You've linked to something, what is it? Typo in url?
    Just an average web developer.

Indexed search form written in php. Still needs a 4th level of indexing but I have not figured out how to do it as yet. Keep you personal projects small and you'll finish more of them before they become legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    What are you all doing? Obviously I mostly do web stuff in PHP but I have been programming a long time. I am curious to see who is lurking around here.
    Been lurking mostly. New to programming world. Not a programmer at all, but been fooling around python code & pycharm. Few months ago, hijacked a little code with the Google Maps api and launched on play store -> SuperchargerMap.com
    Engineer by Profession
    Wordpress Site Designer
    No Code Maker