Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firefox's new Picture in Picture mode

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    What do you firefox users think about it so far?
    As a Google Chrome fan, I'd only consider it useful when Google implements their version of it.

The high CPU usage seems to be native to Firefox (and sometimes Chrome) even with just 3 tabs open, so I wouldn't say this new feature is to blame.
    I wonder if the feature could be offloaded to the GPU instead which would be underutilized at that point (for those with dedicated cards).
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    As a Google Chrome fan, I'd only consider it useful when Google implements their version of it.

The high CPU usage seems to be native to Firefox (and sometimes Chrome) even with just 3 tabs open, so I wouldn't say this new feature is to blame.
    I wonder if the feature could be offloaded to the GPU instead which would be underutilized at that point (for those with dedicated cards).
    That GPU offset is actually a good idea. Not sure why firefox hasn't implemented it like that but they must have their reasons. I actually had to get another 8 gigs of ram (total 16 gigs) just for firefox as when I am playing Grand theft Auto V Online I am actually running out of ram because firefox using 1.5 gigs of memory alone with just 30 tabs opened. When you have 16 gigs of RAM or more you won't have to worry about browsers taking up ram anymore.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    That GPU offset is actually a good idea. Not sure why firefox hasn't implemented it like that but they must have their reasons. I actually had to get another 8 gigs of ram (total 16 gigs) just for firefox as when I am playing Grand theft Auto V Online I am actually running out of ram because firefox using 1.5 gigs of memory alone with just 30 tabs opened. When you have 16 gigs of RAM or more you won't have to worry about browsers taking up ram anymore.
    True. I plan on going to 16 or 32 GB of RAM for my next build as I like to leave multiple Tabs open in my browsers.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500