Thread: Digicel & Flow After The Earthquake

Default Digicel & Flow After The Earthquake

Yep, earthquake today never normal.. what I felt I legit thought this was it..

When the shaking was done which lasted for about 6mins for me.. first thing I did was try to call family, and yep Flow and Digicel was down for a good 10 mins.. Couldn't send or receive any calls.. So I guess the instant network load took a toll...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post

When the shaking was done which lasted for about 6mins for me.. first thing I did was try to call family, and yep Flow and Digicel was down for a good 10 mins.. Couldn't send or receive any calls.. So I guess the instant network load took a toll...
    Didn't feel the Earthquake, I'm near Three Miles St Andrew. My area did have normal coverage from both Networks. However Digicels Mobile Network in my area has very poor signal coverage and slow data. Other from that, we are ok. Hope you are doing well now. A natural disaster such as an earthquake. Is very unpredictable, and that is why it's so scary and dangerous. Glad you are mostly OK, keep safe.

Digicel was down for a while - FLOW was up throughout.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Tremors happening all over now... Networks Jam again...

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post

totally agree - instant multiple calls

--> internet was solid tho - Digicel - so towers and tower antennaes were all good connectivity wise
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    totally agree - instant multiple calls

--> internet was solid tho - Digicel - so towers and tower antennaes were all good connectivity wise
    Yep.. data was up and running, was browsing, sending and receiving WhatsApp messages with no issues..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Data and voice are two separate networks for Digicel. Just an overload of calls as expected based on what occurred. It would be similar to how Christmas and New Years was back in the day when people actually made a cell call.

If people act this way when we so far from the epicenter image if it actually hit the island full on.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    If people act this way when we so far from the epicenter image if it actually hit the island full on.
    We may need that for some repentance.....
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".