Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to go about a pc being assembled in America to be shipped here

After seeing this thread my idea of shipping all the parts doesn't seem so cray expensive anymore. Really looking forward to my first build.

Quote Originally Posted by avcspeed View Post
    After seeing this thread my idea of shipping all the parts doesn't seem so cray expensive anymore. Really looking forward to my first build.
    You should still do a comparison of import vs buy local for each part to ensure your costs are optimally managed.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

I've been trying to buy a PC from NZXT and CyberPowerPC but they don't ship to Freight forwarders.. whole thing is just silly.. imagine trying to spend $3000 USD with a company and they're rejecting it because they don't want people to export the order.. Anyone know a way around this?

Quote Originally Posted by scattaman View Post
    I've been trying to buy a PC from NZXT and CyberPowerPC but they don't ship to Freight forwarders.. whole thing is just silly.. imagine trying to spend $3000 USD with a company and they're rejecting it because they don't want people to export the order.. Anyone know a way around this?
    Ship to a friend/relative then have them ship to the forwarder.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

This is what I did, I had all the parts shipped to friend and he assembled it and dropped it off at laparkan with all the invoices.

You may need someone to receive it then drop it off at laparkan, this is similar to what I did. Alternatively Newegg ships here now and their rates are not bad at all, though I’ve seen hit or miss reviews based on how they do things(they include all the taxes that should be charged by customs on the item itself) and I’ve seen some pay only what’s stated as the final price when purchasing and seen where some are hassled by customs to still pay the customs tax.