Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to go about a pc being assembled in America to be shipped here

Default How to go about a pc being assembled in America to be shipped here

So I’m putting together a pretty powerful desktop build. But I’m not ordering the parts to be sent individually. My tech friend in the states will receive and assemble the pc then ship it down whole. How would you guys go about this. Is it better to go collect this myself with a plane ticket or pay a reshipper. Please let me know. Also is there any method of cost saving I could do for this whole things.

Good night. I'd think it's better to go and get it. Based on the cost of the entire system - probably over USD$500 - you're going to pay through the nose once it's past USD$50 when using a shipper. At least you'll get no customs up to $500 if you go yourself, and if you tell them it's your PC then they may not even charge you.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Thank you very much Kat. The cost of a round trip is about 260 at the moment, have you any experience with how customs deals with charges exceeding the $500. The value of the system is approximately 3 times that,
    so my concern is that the 260+ whatever else they’d charge on top(if they do) would pass the reshippers estimate of approximately $350. I look forward to your further input on the matter, thanks again for chiming. Happy new year

Happy New Year!

When you say "reshipper's estimate" of US$350, is that all in ... shipping plus duties?
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Yea, there’s no duties on computer related items only gct( called airport customs just to make sure, I couldn’t get in touch with regular customs) and other small charges. Which comes to about 270 then the reshippers fees on top which is about another 70. Totaling approximately 340.

While there is no duty on computer stuff, they would treat it much like a laptop. When you buy the thing and it's yours - they don't trouble you to bring it in. Especially if you got one of those big bags (like hiking bags) and your stuff can hold in there. Just ensure it's well padded.

https://www.amazon.com/GTR-Backpack-.../dp/B07GT7Z9VN

https://www.amazon.com/Desktop-Compu...dp/B07JPDY8HV/

Something like that.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Oh I’ve learnt something new once more. There’s a monitor as well, would they give hassle about that? Thanks again for the insight

This is a final update on things. My computer and monitor came in, I had it shipped with JPAK(I highly recommend them, they value on actual weight and don’t try and Nickle and diming) the total cost of shipment came to roughly 23000k which is even lower than my lowest estimate. They gave me a discount on the shipment(Jpak I mean) without it would’ve been about 30000 jmd. So it worked out extremely well. The total pc and monitor was about 1300usd in value so that gives everyone something to work off of. Have a great day guys

Thanks for the update and info. Good to know, glad it worked out for you.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com