Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLOW HBO GO Bundles now available in Jamaica

Default FLOW HBO GO Bundles now available in Jamaica

As expected, FLOW Jamaica has (quietly) gone live with their new HBO Go Bundles for their cable customers.

Prices are quite reasonable from what I'm seeing.

$4999 for the entry level broadband package, HBO GO & Bundled voice... perfect for millenials on a budget! (LOL)

The real deal lies in the repackaged Blaze bundle...

$10k for all-in, with a free additional set-top box, WiFi extender & all the channels they have on offer.

Waiting to see if the other bundles get updated and treated with new benefits (or if they're scrapped all together for newer, better plans).

The plans look good for the price and what is being offered. They have gone fully North American now and no mention of upload speeds lol. Its clear they have their sights set on Digicel since every plan is higher than Digicel's base packages (download-wise).

I'd rather a Netflix Bundle...

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I'd rather a Netflix Bundle...
    Everyone in the world already has a Netflix account so I doubt it would be beneficial. Plus I am sure FLOW already has a Netflix cache server in house so the traffic not really going to the Internet and is on network.

Looks like a promotion between HBO and FLOW.

Many may have Netflix account yea, but to bundle it with Cable and just pay one bill makes allot of sense...

They're supposed to begin bundling Netflix & YouTube functionality with the Horizon 4 platform that the parent company launched in 2018. It's diffused across Europe & I suppose 2020 will be the year we'll see it make its way to our shores.

I'm desperately in need of FLOW to kick the aging AVS boxes to curb and kick entertainment into overdrive!

The boxes are designed on a common platform shared with Charter Communications and, best of all, Comcast Xfinity. They do 4K UHD, have a bundled voice controlled remote and a grown up version of FLOW's EVO video product (great in idea, poor in execution). FLOW is also seemingly centralizing their pay-TV product across the Caribbean & Latin America... this would spell well in terms of service delivery and service quality. The HBO & FLOW tie up seems to be part of larger play they're gunning for... lot's of "stay tuned" being thrown and whispers of dramatic speed increases coming with the new works happening on the HFC network in 2020.

Anyone know, if existing packages that just got the speed upgrades, would have the option to add HBOgo to their plan. Or would we have to select one of the new HBO bundle plans?. Also can't Flows parent company Liberty Global, have discussions with American content creators and providers. To offer English speaking content, for the English speaking Caribbean?. I'm tired of the Latin American versions of popular American Networks. I hope this is something that can be done, legally this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    They're supposed to begin bundling Netflix & YouTube functionality with the Horizon 4 platform that the parent company launched in 2018. It's diffused across Europe & I suppose 2020 will be the year we'll see it make its way to our shores.

I'm desperately in need of FLOW to kick the aging AVS boxes to curb and kick entertainment into overdrive!

The boxes are designed on a common platform shared with Charter Communications and, best of all, Comcast Xfinity. They do 4K UHD, have a bundled voice controlled remote and a grown up version of FLOW's EVO video product (great in idea, poor in execution). FLOW is also seemingly centralizing their pay-TV product across the Caribbean & Latin America... this would spell well in terms of service delivery and service quality. The HBO & FLOW tie up seems to be part of larger play they're gunning for... lot's of "stay tuned" being thrown and whispers of dramatic speed increases coming with the new works happening on the HFC network in 2020.
    Are these the new cable boxes, Flow will be using. If they go for an widespread UE upgrades?. The boxes look sleek and modern, plus it looks like it is fully IP WiFi functionality.

AVS good as is still, caan too complain .. comparing to when I first had cable ( If i remember 7 Channels and 0 features lol ) it's a night a day difference, we've surely come a long long loooong way...

And to know that now we can get bundled service (Phone/Internet/Cable) is something that back in the day seemed far fetched for Jamaica.. Yet here we are.. we may still have a little ways to go, but you can only truly appreciate all this tech when you are coming from little to no tech..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Anyone know, if existing packages that just got the speed upgrades, would have the option to add HBOgo to their plan. Or would we have to select one of the new HBO bundle plans?. Also can't Flows parent company Liberty Global, have discussions with American content creators and providers. To offer English speaking content, for the English speaking Caribbean?. I'm tired of the Latin American versions of popular American Networks. I hope this is something that can be done, legally this time.
    Unfortunately, they've segmented the TV Bundles from the HBO Bundles. However, I think they will eventually add it to the rest of the plans... Until then, you will need an HBO subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Are these the new cable boxes, Flow will be using. If they go for an widespread UE upgrades?. The boxes look sleek and modern, plus it looks like it is fully IP WiFi functionality.
    They are the indeed the new cable boxes if they do start changing out user equipment... they're top rate stuff! It's been rolled out fully across Europe & now, it's time for the Americas...

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    AVS good as is still, caan too complain .. comparing to when I first had cable ( If i remember 7 Channels and 0 features lol ) it's a night a day difference, we've surely come a long long loooong way...

And to know that now we can get bundled service (Phone/Internet/Cable) is something that back in the day seemed far fetched for Jamaica.. Yet here we are.. we may still have a little ways to go, but you can only truly appreciate all this tech when you are coming from little to no tech..
    Agreed! And it's about to get more advanced from what I'm seeing! Can't wait until 250 Mbit/s is the norm! (like it is everywhere else)