Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow Has Upgraded Internet Speeds

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    I would actually push back on the part of CPEs needing upgrades to get up to 25 Mbps... their newer boxes are what FLOW Trinidad has rolled out to customers to enable the plans they have on offer now. I haven't an idea if any of their headends are DOCSIS 3.1 enabled in Jamaica but all CPEs would have to be upgraded to the TG3492LG (which I see has been authorised for use in Jamaica according to SMA records). It is the only Liberty brand modem capable of D3.1.

As for the speeds they offer now... they're paltry. Seriously paltry. Your top-end is at 150 Mbps?? In 2020??? It's a crying shame... their newer modems can do up to 1000 Mbit/s! This is a crime!
    Trinidad Paying for those speeds though. I think Flow probably has a distribution problem as most of their modems should be at least Docsis 3.0 now so higher uploads should be possible. The minimum upload should be 25Mbps in this day and age.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Regular consumer internet seems optimized for watching tv. I watch everything is 480p. I would watch it in black and white if I could find some.
    Last edited by owen; Dec 12, 2019 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Bwoy, me try watch some movie (CyberFlix) lastnight after 11 and nothing... Could not stream nothing over 1GB... I could easily stream anything before, all some big 40-80GB 4K streams without any issue...

Not sure if network not back 100% or maybe Flow did some Torrent streaming optimizations... but I'll monitor and see what's what...
    OK, Streaming seems to be back to normal... Watch bout 3 4K movies (10-40GB) lastnight into this morning, no issues...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

My Speed has not yet been upgraded, are they doing this in phases or should i give them a call...
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    My Speed has not yet been upgraded, are they doing this in phases or should i give them a call...
    I would reboot my modem and then call them if I dont see any improvement as I assume they should be finish by now.

My speed still has not increased, i called flow today and the agent told me i probably have too many devices connected thats why im not seeing the speed upgrade lol. After some back and forth about how i determined my speed was not upgraded they did some checks and then came back and said the upgrade is still pending on some accounts with mine being one of them so i just have to wait. Guess is next year before i see the extra 5mbs.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    My speed still has not increased, i called flow today and the agent told me i probably have too many devices connected thats why im not seeing the speed upgrade lol. After some back and forth about how i determined my speed was not upgraded they did some checks and then came back and said the upgrade is still pending on some accounts with mine being one of them so i just have to wait. Guess is next year before i see the extra 5mbs.
    Upgraded. All packages should be getting 5Mb up. Since the upgrade I've been getting nothing past 2.5Mb. Downloads are fine. Account is fine according to tech support. Level 2 claims there should be no issues. More than a month of issues. Only good thing is - latency and dropped packet issues now resolved. Oh - and they removed my static IP after it took them 3 weeks to give it back since the modem replacement. Good stuff. This is how we SLOW.

Here's hoping the network will be more stable when they finally fix everything and roll out to all users.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I was on the Essential package before at 25Mbps download and 1Mbps upload.
    On December 1 2019, FLOW upgraded me to 50Mbps download and 5Mbps upload.

I'm happy.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

As long as bill nuh increase then I will take that free upgrade. Not even sure if I got it already cause was already ok with whatever I was getting. They still need to get some competition though so those prices can come down.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Looks like Flow recently bumped up the down speed again... should be getting 75mbps down on Fire bundle now getting close to 100Mbps down over the past few days... now getting confirmation via email:
    "The enhanced TV Max and Fire bundle will now provide:

37 additional channels filled with exciting content for you to enjoy!
    A complimentary speed increase on your broadband internet services.
    "
    dem still not touching the up speed, remains at 5Mbps