Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FLOW Fixed Line Woes

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    I'm going to buy an EdgeRouterX and put the modem in Bridged Mode. That should fix most of my issues. I already have Ubiquiti APs in my home and a cloud controller. I was just leaving their modem to do DHCP - but that's a bad idea. During the modem change I found out (the hard way) that you can't export/import settings between devices. It only works on the modem the data was exported from. Only problem with doing that is - their system has issues with the lease time for the MAC attached to the modem when in Bridged Mode. You just can't win with them. So if my EdgeRouterX goes down - I'm helically wrapped around an axis until their system releases the lease.
    Truly... that's exactly my sentiment. I really thought I was getting something better by trading in our rock solid ADSL connection for the sleek & modern 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 modem with its bells & whistles. Let's see what the next few weeks bring with them...

Well - on my end they've fixed the issues. Will monitor and see. Waiting on the OP to let us know if he's nagged them enough for them to get things done.

Did you do the WhatsApp contact?
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Moderator, my issue now seems trivial after reading your post. I am still waiting today, December 6, having made my first call on November 26. I have a record of whatsapp conversations from November 27. I am now on my 3rd Ticket #, the number they assign to the issues. Curiously, their records suggest that my issue was resolved after the first Ticket #, which is not true. My contact with Flow has been by whatsapp since November 29, which was the last time I heard someone's voice at their end. That was the day I was transferred six times. On the penultimate transfer, I had to use some very strong language to a gentleman in Guyana, which I now regret. The final person I spoke to (female) went on a rant about my having been given the incorrect type of Ticket # as the issue was internal, so I was given a different type of number. She could have spared her breath, nothing happened. In my whatsapp conversation yesterday (Thursday) I noticed that the agent now had both a first and last name; previously only first names were given. Finally, for entertainment, a Flow vehicle drove up my road yesterday. I dashed out to the street, not properly dressed, and flagged it down on the return journey, hoping they were looking for my address. They weren't. Desperation indeed.

---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Dunce View Post
    Moderator, my issue now seems trivial after reading your post. I am still waiting today, December 6, having made my first call on November 26. I have a record of whatsapp conversations from November 27. I am now on my 3rd Ticket #, the number they assign to the issues. Curiously, their records suggest that my issue was resolved after the first Ticket #, which is not true. My contact with Flow has been by whatsapp since November 29, which was the last time I heard someone's voice at their end. That was the day I was transferred six times. On the penultimate transfer, I had to use some very strong language to a gentleman in Guyana, which I now regret. The final person I spoke to (female) went on a rant about my having been given the incorrect type of Ticket # as the issue was internal, so I was given a different type of number. She could have spared her breath, nothing happened. In my whatsapp conversation yesterday (Thursday) I noticed that the agent now had both a first and last name; previously only first names were given. Finally, for entertainment, a Flow vehicle drove up my road yesterday. I dashed out to the street, not properly dressed, and flagged it down on the return journey, hoping they were looking for my address. They weren't. Desperation indeed.
    Regardless of scenario or how long someone has an issue for, all problems are important. What needs to be done is - you tally all of the tickets and request a rebate once the issue is actually resolved.

As for the tickets being closed - if it's external tickets then many times it's contractors that go out. Most contractors get paid based on the number of tickets they close out. So if they go and check the lines going to your house, the node in the area and general service availability with no issues - ticket is closed. They get paid. You call and put in another ticket with the same issue? No problem. Someone gets paid.

Your issue should not be one that requires a technician to visit, unless they want to check the modem. Speaking of which - FLOW has recently updated the firmware on the white modems. The interface now looks a lot like the older black ones, but this may actually be a good thing. There was a feature that was missing but I can't recall exactly what it was at this time. Will check back with some friends because we were discussing it. Try to log in to your modem and see what the interface is like. The defaults would be admin/password if yours is updated. If you're on the original firmware (for the white modem) then the password is underneath the device on the sticker.

If everything is fine but you're still having issues, take this approach.

• Get in touch over WhatsApp. You can do this by calling and letting them put you on to WhatsApp, or just message them directly if your mobile isn't FLOW.
    • Provide your details - name - address - account number.
    • Once you have someone on the line, go about it like so:

1. The service was working (provide date).
      2. You have multiple tickets (provide numbers).
      3. You believe the problem to be with the account or device.
      4. Ask them to have someone check the device from their office.
      5. If the device checks/configurations come back fine, ask for it to be escalated.
      5a. Let them know you're aware of the upgrades (as per GPRS' post).
      6. Request/demand a ticket number.
      7. Keep the details.

Check and verify the working days for the persons who will be working on your SPECIFIC issue. That is - check if that department is open on weekends. Give them until next week Tuesday/Wednesday. If your issue still isn't resolved - message me by PM. We'll try and get something done.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Hopefully his issues will get addressed by this time.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Here is the thing with Flow... I've had multiple issues in the past that took weeks to fix...

What you have to do, once a technician comes to your premises you have to get his personal number, and when you have any further issues you link him and give him a 'thing' and your problem will fix quick....
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Reading all of this is quite distressing. The main issue is there are a lot of different corporate structures with the entity called "FLOW". You have the former LIME systems and personnel, the former FLOW systems and personnel and the new Liberty personnel and likely systems as well that are all trying to work together under the new regime. Issues likely have to jump from Department to Department and they may not get the attention they deserve.

Note I don't work at FLOW nor am I defending them just telling you how it is. I have had challenges with them for over a year and I am a corporate customer so I can just imagine how it is for Residential. Until they upgrade all their various platforms and equipment to ONE interconnected system I see no end in sight. Existing staff is just as frustrated as their customers are. Mobile appears to be their focus now so everyone else would be second priority so we can only hope they complete those upgrades and gain traction on adding additional customers so that they can move onto to the other areas of the business.

I finally got the fixed line service back on December 30, that is 34 days after reporting it.

Briefly, after 22 days of frustration with Flow via whatsapp, a sympathetic agent decided enough was enough and passed my issue on to a supervisor who in turn seemed to have had the issue passed on to a technician. Three days later the technician called to say he was having problems logging on to Flow's computers. There was calling back and forth between the technician and myself for the next 9 days. Turned out he serviced mainly Portmore and Spanish Town and would probably not have come to me anyway. Finally on December 30, 2019, 34 days after reporting the loss of fixed line service, a different technician visited my house, observed that the telephone light on my modem was off (something reported from the outset), called a number, said that the person at the other end had dispatched an email (to where, China??) and then left. About two hours later, the service was restored.

I have applied for a rebate, stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Dunce View Post
    I finally got the fixed line service back on December 30, that is 34 days after reporting it.

Briefly, after 22 days of frustration with Flow via whatsapp, a sympathetic agent decided enough was enough and passed my issue on to a supervisor who in turn seemed to have had the issue passed on to a technician. Three days later the technician called to say he was having problems logging on to Flow's computers. There was calling back and forth between the technician and myself for the next 9 days. Turned out he serviced mainly Portmore and Spanish Town and would probably not have come to me anyway. Finally on December 30, 2019, 34 days after reporting the loss of fixed line service, a different technician visited my house, observed that the telephone light on my modem was off (something reported from the outset), called a number, said that the person at the other end had dispatched an email (to where, China??) and then left. About two hours later, the service was restored.

I have applied for a rebate, stay tuned.
    Good to hear - but you do it wrong.

"Tune in next time for another exciting episode of: FLOW - the customer service chronicles".

Please listen to this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldhkykn18i...WORKS.mp3?dl=0

Long pause is me trying to keep calm.
    Last edited by khat17; Jan 3, 2020 at 05:15 PM.

I requested a rebate on January 2,2020. It was applied, without debate, to my bill printed on January 9, 2020.