Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some feedback on a new project: FreightBox

Default Looking for some feedback on a new project: FreightBox

FreightBox is a cloud-based solution for package forwarders (think ShipMe, Mailpac). Let me know what you think about design, pricing and features.

https://www.freightbox.co/
    "Fortune Favors the Bold" -Virgil

Quote Originally Posted by sumo View Post
    FreightBox is a cloud-based solution for package forwarders (think ShipMe, Mailpac). Let me know what you think about design, pricing and features.

https://www.freightbox.co/
    As usual somo, the site looks very clean and professional. Pricing doesn't specify what currency you are being billed in so that needs a footnote somewhere. I could assume JMD since the sample picture uses that currency but its best to know upfront.

Did you model the features off the typical activities that would occur within a freight forwarder? Unfortunately thats not my business so I can't say if it meets all their needs but I think its an excellent idea.

Freight forwarding seems to be a ripe business in Jamaica with a new one every month so you should have enough clientele to get a few subscriptions. The larger ones tend be subsidiaries of foreign entities so they might already have their homegrown custom solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    As usual somo, the site looks very clean and professional. Pricing doesn't specify what currency you are being billed in so that needs a footnote somewhere. I could assume JMD since the sample picture uses that currency but its best to know upfront.

Did you model the features off the typical activities that would occur within a freight forwarder? Unfortunately thats not my business so I can't say if it meets all their needs but I think its an excellent idea.

Freight forwarding seems to be a ripe business in Jamaica with a new one every month so you should have enough clientele to get a few subscriptions. The larger ones tend be subsidiaries of foreign entities so they might already have their homegrown custom solutions.
    Thanks for the feedback psilos.

Good point re currency - I'll update that.

The entire solution is based on requirements specified by a forwarder and what I've experienced using multiple forwarders as a customer. I was contacted to provide a quote but the scope of what was required was expensive so I proposed that I build it and they pay a subscription and they agreed.

Freight/Package forwarding is booming and I don't see it changing anytime soon because it's unlikely that any local player will be able to compete with Amazon. I'm focusing on local operators, hopefully I can help them to grow into major players.

Site looks good, very clean..

You maybe will need a Promo video to kinda explain things or to give an idea of how what you are proposing works so some people can visually see it..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Site looks good, very clean..

You maybe will need a Promo video to kinda explain things or to give an idea of how what you are proposing works so some people can visually see it..
    Yes definitely, I'm working on an explainer video, should be ready in a few days.

Keep up the good work. I like when local companies show that they can deliver solutions just as well as the foreign ones (if not better).

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Keep up the good work. I like when local companies show that they can deliver solutions just as well as the foreign ones (if not better).
    Thanks, trying to show exactly that. Many people have been screwed over by local developers so I can understand the hesitation. To counter that it's important we get the word out about quality projects built by local talent so companies know we can build cutting-edge stuff right here.

Site looks good. As asked before - USD or JMD quotes?
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Site looks good. As asked before - USD or JMD quotes?
    The pricing table is in USD, will update it tonight.

I clicked on "learn more" but nothing happens? So I should request a demo? There is no link to the pricing info on the home page just noticed it in the menu (I am looking at it on mobile). Lite seems a bit expensive but I guess you are marketing to established forwarders - weeds out a bit of the trouble makers. Add custom logo, branding and colour scheme to your enterprise feature set - companies love that stuff.

Prices in usd still a bit far down. Just put it on the price and call it a day.