Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flow Unlimited Data For YouTube

Default Flow Unlimited Data For YouTube

This is a good look Flow

Last edited by GPRS Internet; Sep 27, 2019 at 09:48 AM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    This is a good look Flow ��������

https://i.imgur.com/14vDkVK.jpg
    With all that extra capacity? It was bound to happen! Interestingly, they also activated it retroactively for all users on data plans currently. It's a great look.

Looking out for VoLTE soon!

I agree, this is absolutely brilliant. I would like to think I had something to do with it since I dished out total and unwavering harassment on their twitter, insisting that their unlimited social media was a scam because youtube is also social media. A few months later...BOOM!!
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

How the fair usage look on this, what are the caps?
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Sep 28, 2019 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    How the first usage look on this, what are the caps?
    I doubt the "unlimited" part as well. There's probably a slower speed once you go past their predetermined limit.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Flow finally heard my cry, I've been asking for this for months now. I just hope they can allow YouTube to be fully unlimited for the duration of the plans. They can achieve this, by capping the video resolutions to 480p to free up bandwidth for other users. While I would love full 1080p quality, they have to manage the network resources. Flow does have massive amount of capacity, so slow downs shouldn't be a major problem. I'm interested to see the full FUPA on the unlimited YouTube addition.

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    I doubt the "unlimited" part as well. There's probably a slower speed once you go past their predetermined limit.
    Hopefully they set a reasonable threshold, such as 150GB for YouTube. Then if users exceed that amount, they just cap the resolution of the videos. Or they just reduce the speeds to 3G only and not 2G.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Hopefully they set a reasonable threshold, such as 150GB for YouTube. Then if users exceed that amount, they just cap the resolution of the videos. Or they just reduce the speeds to 3G only and not 2G.

Aren't Flow removing 2G radios?
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    LOL How much!? I'm inclined to think its likely a variable determined by relative usage. 150 GB?? If anyone is consuming that much data on an unlimited offering, they need a broadband subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    Aren't Flow removing 2G radios?
    How they administer the network now is through GUL (GSM, UMTS & LTE) combined radios from Huawei or Ericsson. They've already turned down 2G on 1900 MHz islandwide so all the talk of "2G speed" is a throttle applied to the subscription by the MME in the Core Network.