Thread: Local providers of Smart Card systems

Default Local providers of Smart Card systems

I am looking for some information on Smart Cards, is anyone here familiar with them?

I have a client who wants to implement a discount club for her doctor's office. So, basically a patient would signup and receive a smart card which would store information on which membership plan they are subscribed to, discounts they are eligible for, total discounts used and discounts remaining. On each doctor visit they would swipe this card to verify these details and update any deductions and such.

This topic is outside my area of expertise so I am seeking info on how best to steer this client towards solutions and provider of the solution.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    I am looking for some information on Smart Cards, is anyone here familiar with them?

I have a client who wants to implement a discount club for her doctor's office. So, basically a patient would signup and receive a smart card which would store information on which membership plan they are subscribed to, discounts they are eligible for, total discounts used and discounts remaining. On each doctor visit they would swipe this card to verify these details and update any deductions and such.

This topic is outside my area of expertise so I am seeking info on how best to steer this client towards solutions and provider of the solution.
    Does such a program require a physical card though?

Any database system can be implemented for such a discount measure. The card is an extra expense and requires people to keep track of it. At the end of the day, you’d still want a system for if they lost the card. Something that can print a barcode on paoer would probably even suffice. Then you need a reader. But, you’d want to have the system be able to find their information via phone number as either a failsafe, or frankly the primary means of searching the system.

Again, the card is just a quick means of the system using whatever search criteria is in place.

Patient can just tell nurse the name and nurse will see it on the computer, no need for smartcard.

Quote Originally Posted by techmenace View Post
    Patient can just tell nurse the name and nurse will see it on the computer, no need for smartcard.
    A your doctor's office?
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

If you want to go the card route - you could get some NFC cards and a reader. That may be the more affordable route.

CARDS
    https://www.amazon.com/THONSEN-NTAG2...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

READER/WRITER
    https://www.amazon.com/ETEKJOY-ACR12...s%2C193&sr=8-4
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".