Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Suggestions Needed for up coming unique PC accessories n tech store store

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    0

    Exclamation Suggestions Needed for up coming unique PC accessories n tech store store

    Sorry for the long read but i wanna get this out there

    so im gonna launch a tech store in January, plan on selling all the items not found or hard to find for pc builders and gamers...


    so i need your help in listing some items you have issues finding in JA, i came down in feb took a gaming build for a friend and i had a hard time finding a good power supply on the west side of the island, ones i found didnt have an 8pin PCie connector, the ones i did find on the other side in kingston where godly over priced, i plan on changing all that for the whole island, i plan on stocking up 80% of the known cables at launch such as

    6/8 pin to Molex
    Display port cable
    HDMI cable (yes HDMI cudnt find one only 3 stores in mobay had and they where **** quality)
    Serial ATA Cable with Power Adapter 18"
    18" Sata and Slim Sata Power 7+6pin Cable, for Sata Slim OD
    3-Pin Fan to Dual 3-Pin Female Power Extension Cable 7"
    8" EPS 8-pin Power Extension Cable
    4-pin Molex to (2) Serial ATA Power Adapter
    6" SATA Power Y Splitter Cable
    PWM fan splitter
    200mm PCI-E x16 3.0 Extender Riser Cable
    lots of screws and screw kits, risers and stand offs

    list goes on but i need your help to filling in the blind spots, we need to stop the suffering of building a dedicated gaming pc or modded pc in Jamaica, most of my shop inventory will include free shipping or a flat rate of $600JMD shipped to any parish, so i ask help me help you...
    also costly items from my store will carry warranty of 1yr, and special orders will be 3-4 year depending on item and cost, to be honest im not fully in this for the money i wanna help the gaming/modding community, ill be having 2-3 raffles per year for gaming pcs or items, host land parties also, thanks for your time i look forward to hearing your input...
    CASE: Dell Aurora R6, CPU: Core i7 7700k, Cooler: Gen3 NoBrand H80i, MoBo:Dell z270, RAM: 32Gb Curcial DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, HDD: Samsung 500Gb 970 M.2 NVME/ 3x WD 4Tb Blue Ed, GPUs: EVGA RTX 2080 8Gb DDR6, PSU: Generic Dell 1000watts

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think you have a good list of items that are quite difficult to find here. A couple weeks ago i searched every computer store in HWT to try find a DP cable and none of them had any which was surprising.
    Idk how may persons here would buy this but i would love to see some AIO coolers.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk, Ryzen 7 1700 (3.8ghz), Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink, MSI gtx 1070, Corsair 16gb DDR4 (3000Mhz), Samsung 960 evo 250gb nvme, 1.5tb HDD

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,325
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    USB-C cables of all sorts ...
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,092
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Be sure offer a pre-paid service to do mid-range PC builds because I am getting too old for that stuff and researching compatible/stable parts is tedious.

    Competing with online shopping is challenging and advertising locally is not cheap but Rome was not built in a day. blessing and prosperity.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    957
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Sounds like a very good idea.
    I remember I once brought a simple Asrock X370 motherboard to Computer Depot to buy replacement DDR4 memory for it, and the staff was looking at the MB like is the baddest one dem eva si inna dem life. The thing did look away bad! Plus they didn't have any compatible memory for it.

    A good idea would be for you to buy used parts from PC enthusiasts down here and resell to those look for a good starter system. I have a barely used GTX 960 sitting unused for a while now, plus I maybe looking to sell my Ryzen 1700 + Asrock X370 motherboard.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thank you Dr Dre, i had that same issue was with a simple HDMI at first had to get one in Kingston, the ones in mobay were questionable, i plan on stocking all those and things die hard builders, overclockers and modders want as time goes along
    CASE: Dell Aurora R6, CPU: Core i7 7700k, Cooler: Gen3 NoBrand H80i, MoBo:Dell z270, RAM: 32Gb Curcial DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, HDD: Samsung 500Gb 970 M.2 NVME/ 3x WD 4Tb Blue Ed, GPUs: EVGA RTX 2080 8Gb DDR6, PSU: Generic Dell 1000watts

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    USB-C cables of all sorts ...
    wil definately do, i plan on spending close to 200,000 at first on cables only, ill have all variants of USB-C to USB-C, USB-C to USB 3.0/3.1
    CASE: Dell Aurora R6, CPU: Core i7 7700k, Cooler: Gen3 NoBrand H80i, MoBo:Dell z270, RAM: 32Gb Curcial DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, HDD: Samsung 500Gb 970 M.2 NVME/ 3x WD 4Tb Blue Ed, GPUs: EVGA RTX 2080 8Gb DDR6, PSU: Generic Dell 1000watts

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    Sounds like a very good idea.
    I remember I once brought a simple Asrock X370 motherboard to Computer Depot to buy replacement DDR4 memory for it, and the staff was looking at the MB like is the baddest one dem eva si inna dem life. The thing did look away bad! Plus they didn't have any compatible memory for it.

    A good idea would be for you to buy used parts from PC enthusiasts down here and resell to those look for a good starter system. I have a barely used GTX 960 sitting unused for a while now, plus I maybe looking to sell my Ryzen 1700 + Asrock X370 motherboard.
    Gw33zy i promise you brother, if you call up my store or come there and i dont have what you want, ill do special order and not even charge u mark up, just what i spend to get it my store, unlike other would be store owners im really in this for the community more then money, but u need money to expand and bring in more good stuff and variety, also i have what most ppl who own tech shops in jamaica mite not have i work part time for an company that directly supports amazon stores, plus when u send back to amazon it mite come to my team to check and reprice it, often we can an option to buy it or find sellers for said items,

    im not sure if you always seen me selling alienware laptops and desktops on here or shopinja thats because of the points i generate year long, allows me to get a free laptop or desktop every 12 months sum-times both
    CASE: Dell Aurora R6, CPU: Core i7 7700k, Cooler: Gen3 NoBrand H80i, MoBo:Dell z270, RAM: 32Gb Curcial DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, HDD: Samsung 500Gb 970 M.2 NVME/ 3x WD 4Tb Blue Ed, GPUs: EVGA RTX 2080 8Gb DDR6, PSU: Generic Dell 1000watts

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Be sure offer a pre-paid service to do mid-range PC builds because I am getting too old for that stuff and researching compatible/stable parts is tedious.

    Competing with online shopping is challenging and advertising locally is not cheap but Rome was not built in a day. blessing and prosperity.
    Owen if u buy a complete build or a combo of main parts, it will be tested and compatibility ensured plus id slap 2 years warranty on that for free, (mite not be able to give u back an exact part eg. mobo or grapics card depending if its still in stock) but it will have identical stats or it will be an upgraded, i feel like if i do this for you as a customer, ull never buy anywhere else plus ull recommend me to others, not matter how much my business grows there will always be a direct link to me to state your views and if you unhappy ill do what i can in my power to fix the issue...

    two things id like to point out to you why my store will be different;


    1. you give me figure and a idea in mind (like color of scheme of the build n size) ill work within your budget

    2. you come in or call to do a build or buy an already assembled CPU, base on items i have already in stock, id give you discounts no1 else will

    eg;

    1.CPU = 45,000 15% discount ($6,750)
    2.Monitor 25,000 15% discount ($3,750)
    3.printer 10,000 20% discount ($2,000)
    4.pc speakers 8,000 20% discount ($1,600)
    5.surge protection free
    6. mouse free
    7. keyboard free

    $88,000 but your price would be $73,900

    (14,100 in discounts and that can be high based on cost of items if its a special order or already in stock)

    that one of the ways how i plan on keeping customers happy

    also if im doing a raffle and you shop at my store u will get entries from doing even if its like 3 months after i plan on doing the raffle
    CASE: Dell Aurora R6, CPU: Core i7 7700k, Cooler: Gen3 NoBrand H80i, MoBo:Dell z270, RAM: 32Gb Curcial DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, HDD: Samsung 500Gb 970 M.2 NVME/ 3x WD 4Tb Blue Ed, GPUs: EVGA RTX 2080 8Gb DDR6, PSU: Generic Dell 1000watts

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    957
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taxiwarez View Post
    Gw33zy i promise you brother, if you call up my store or come there and i dont have what you want, ill do special order and not even charge u mark up, just what i spend to get it my store, unlike other would be store owners im really in this for the community more then money, but u need money to expand and bring in more good stuff and variety, also i have what most ppl who own tech shops in jamaica mite not have i work part time for an company that directly supports amazon stores, plus when u send back to amazon it mite come to my team to check and reprice it, often we can an option to buy it or find sellers for said items,

    im not sure if you always seen me selling alienware laptops and desktops on here or shopinja thats because of the points i generate year long, allows me to get a free laptop or desktop every 12 months sum-times both
    This is one of those "if you build it they will come" projects. God knows this is needed in Jamaica, I just remembered that I bought a $5 USB extension cable about 3 weeks ago on eBay.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •