Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Digicel 4G LTE Modem/Router - Does Anyone know how Fast is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    You mean TDD-LTE right?. Anyway Digicel LTE is super slow because they don't use wideband LTE frequency on their network. Flow uses 20mhz of band 4 LTE 20Mhz of Band 2 LTE and 5mhz of Band 12 LTE. Digicel uses only 10mhz of Band 17 LTE and 10mhz of Band 4 LTE. Flow also uses Ericsson equipment, which is the best in the industry. Flow also uses higher modulation and full fibre to the back haul.
    Oh - thought I saw that they were using FDD. I tried different SIMs in phone and none gave me LTE, so I kinda jumped at the prospect since I would be able to resurrect the device and use it.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    Did a couple speedtests in downtown Kingston today and was getting 60-70 Mbs with under 20 ms latency on Digicel LTE. Big improvement over what i was experiencing a month ago.
    That's a big improvement, did you notice if you're connection was LTE+/LTE advanced or it was just LTE. I've been getting 84-97Mbps on Flow LTE since deployment in December 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Oh - thought I saw that they were using FDD. I tried different SIMs in phone and none gave me LTE, so I kinda jumped at the prospect since I would be able to resurrect the device and use it.
    Digicel using TDD-LTE for their home LTE broadband service. They use FDD for Mobile. Flow uses FDD-LTE on its Mobile Network as well.