Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Digicel: Unlimited Talk To Any Network

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    I think it's a little of that and their debt issues blighting their prospects. Moreover, the current international political landscape has not favoured further business development with regard to their "digital future". ZTE is practically a black sheep and, given Digicel recent capital infusion into products from that vendor & now going full throttle with it, I'm unsure about the glidepath to 5G for their current products. I don't even know if ZTE products can perform as well as Huawei much Ericsson. FLOW has Uplink & Downlink Carrier Aggregation going in Kingston and some serious 2 20x20 MHz LTE channels pumping out 200 Mbit/s on a normal day. Factor in FLOW's latent plans for VoLTE on their Low band spectrum & (soon) practically unlimited everything plans... Digicel cannot compete with just Band 17. Digicel's Engineering is probably working hard on making the network more zippy. They've gone Band 4 across the KMA (for the most part) but could perhaps get a boost from 2600 MHz (Band 7). FLOW may perhaps be working on getting those licences too given their recent comments. Alas....
    Digicel should have just remain with Ericsson Networks or go with Nokia or Huawei for affordability. As someone who is more learned in the Telecoms industry than myself, do you see Digicel recovering from its current woes. And matching Flow in LTE Network technology? I know Flow will have a speed advantage for the foreseeable future. But I'm hoping Digicel can compete in LTE in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    No, it would be at the bottom in Samsung Service Mode. So for example, using Digicel bands at the top. You would see LTE basic info, which underneath would display band 17 and the channel bandwidth of 10mhz.

A little further down, if Carrier aggregation is added. You will see CA Added and under that you will see the aggregated band and its channel bandwidth. Which would be band 4 10mhz for Digicel.
    I see ......

CA-Not Config 0-0
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I see ......

CA-Not Config 0-0
    OK, that means its not yet enabled for use. Its still being optimized and tuned. If no CA wasn't present, it would would say CA not added.

I see ......

CA-Not Config 0-0
    I'd say to compare this with a FLOW device. I don't think you'll see 4G+/LTE+ unless you're in an active data session. Digicel may have LTE Advanced in MoBay but it may not be as widely available as the competition (their network is built around Band 4 vs. Band 17 which defines Digi's builds).

Anyone else notice that Digicel has updated the prepaid plan description to state only Digicel calls are unlimited?

Sample:

$1350 Nuff Data & Talk ACTIVATE NOW
    1.9 GB
    Unlimited Digicel Calls
    28 days
    We Is Friends!
    Me And You Is Friends!
    You Smile, I Smile ....
    You Hurt, I Hurt ..
    You Cry, I Cry ..
    You Jump Off A Bridge ..
    I Gonna Miss Your E-Mails !

Quote Originally Posted by Billerg View Post
    Anyone else notice that Digicel has updated the prepaid plan description to state only Digicel calls are unlimited?

Sample:

$1350 Nuff Data & Talk ACTIVATE NOW
    1.9 GB
    Unlimited Digicel Calls
    28 days
    Regular plan that, you have to take an Unlimited Social Plan to get local Unlimited calling..

thanks for the explanation but i've had the nuff data +Unlimited talk for the last few months and it included unlimited local calls. I do see now on the Digi App that the verbiage has also changed to reflect digi unlimited calls only. This was the $1350 which lasted for 28 days
    We Is Friends!
    Me And You Is Friends!
    You Smile, I Smile ....
    You Hurt, I Hurt ..
    You Cry, I Cry ..
    You Jump Off A Bridge ..

On May 1 to compete with Flows new unlimited plans Digicel did change this plan to unlimited local calls, but on June 21 under the radar(since so many ppl are unaware) prices were increased as well as those plans going back to "Digi to digi" unlimited calls only..so for prepaid users the only unlimited local call plan is the "unlimited social"...
    So many ppl on the plan don't even realize that it has changed, wondering where dem credit gone...SMH...

This is some effective marketing by digicel!

crappy patty lol. i knew i was sober ... almost . But seriously dem ginalish star. i had planned on keeping this plan but mi a switch to flow. 1500 for the same plan with unlimited ALL local calls
    We Is Friends!
    Me And You Is Friends!
    You Smile, I Smile ....
    You Hurt, I Hurt ..
    You Cry, I Cry ..
    You Jump Off A Bridge ..