Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flows Flipping Fully Fledged Followup Fail

Default Flows Flipping Fully Fledged Followup Fail

True story out of Ocho Rios branch:

Day 1
    Potential Flow Customer: Can I get Internet setup in my home?
    Flow Customer service: Sure, where do you live?
    Potential Flow Customer: St. Ann's Bay.
    Flow Customer Service: Okay [banging on keyboard keys], we have service there.
    Potential flow Customer: What are the steps?
    Flow Customer Service: Fill out an application to go through checks, submit a down payment for services, and we will get a tech out to install it for you. Here's the application.

Interested customer takes application home, fills it out, and return with the necessary fees.

Potential Flow Customer: Okay, here's the application, here is the money, is it still 15 days?
    Flow Customer Service: Yes, you will be contacted within 15 days by a tech who will complete the installation.

On the 13th day, potential customer calls to ensure the installation is still on the books. It was.

15th day, nothing. 16th, 17th, 18th...., 30th day, nothing.

31 days after submitting the application, customer went back into office to check on status why he received no calls; neither from a tech, nor the office.

Potential Flow Customer: What's happened, how come mi nuh hear from unu?
    Flow Customer Service: Let me check.... [more keyboard tapping] Oh, there weren't/aren't enough ports. The service cannot be installed.
    Potential Flow Customer: But you said service could be installed when I first check with you.
    Flow Customer Service: Yes sir, but there aren't enough ports; ports run out and when that happens, no service can be installed.
    Potential Flow Customer: You specifically told me...
    Flow Customer Service: Sir...
    Potential Flow Customer: Okay, so now what?
    Flow Customer Service: You can wait to see if a port comes open, or if we install more equipment.

Customer leaves. Customer returns 3 days later deciding that this setup is not worth it.

Potential flow customer: I'd like a refund

Flow Customer Service: Why?

Potential Flow Customer: There's no service, no port, false information provided by customer care, all the while in receipt of my money.

Flow Customer Service: Well, [insert some fiscal/financial year closing jibber jabber here] the corporate office will need to issue that refund. The refund will also come in the form of a check, no cash refund.

Potential Flow Customer: So there's no service to be had from the service I signed up for, there's no telling when there would be service, the recommendation is to just wait, and when I decide I don't want to wait, asking for a refund of my money, the statement is to wait until your fiscal year finish, because corporate will need to refund the money. And to add to that, I won't be getting back cash, the refund will come in the form of a check?

Flow Customer Service: A so it go.

The End.

Now tell me that's not some kind of sabotage or unscrupulous scheme?

There's a lot to be said here, but I'll leave it for your mind....

Further Follow-up: Out of curiosity for this "port" keyword, I checked with a tech I know that services my area.. apparently that section only has a 16 port patch panel.... 16 ports.. a commercial (National, with a manipulating share in the industry) company installing 16 ports at the Dmarc/MPOE (this term used to emphasize nothing is distinguished) point.... so only 16 people can be connected at a time? Hell I just bought a 48 port patch panel to use in my house... seriously!

I feel it for my brother who has diligently remained calm and civil throughout the ordeal.

And I read on a few forums: best customer service is in Jamaica... best tech service is in Jamaica; best broadband. I say to those folks commenting as such: until yuh caan compare JA to places like the Czech Republic, Ireland and Argentina wah full a bush but still get pure service on both ends, don't ....nuh say dat.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTom View Post
    True story out of Ocho Rios branch:

Day 1
    Potential Flow Customer: Can I get Internet setup in my home?
    Flow Customer service: Sure, where do you live?
    Potential Flow Customer: St. Ann's Bay.
    Flow Customer Service: Okay [banging on keyboard keys], we have service there.
    Potential flow Customer: What are the steps?
    Flow Customer Service: Fill out an application to go through checks, submit a down payment for services, and we will get a tech out to install it for you. Here's the application.

Interested customer takes application home, fills it out, and return with the necessary fees.

Potential Flow Customer: Okay, here's the application, here is the money, is it still 15 days?
    Flow Customer Service: Yes, you will be contacted within 15 days by a tech who will complete the installation.

On the 13th day, potential customer calls to ensure the installation is still on the books. It was.

15th day, nothing. 16th, 17th, 18th...., 30th day, nothing.

31 days after submitting the application, customer went back into office to check on status why he received no calls; neither from a tech, nor the office.

Potential Flow Customer: What's happened, how come mi nuh hear from unu?
    Flow Customer Service: Let me check.... [more keyboard tapping] Oh, there weren't/aren't enough ports. The service cannot be installed.
    Potential Flow Customer: But you said service could be installed when I first check with you.
    Flow Customer Service: Yes sir, but there aren't enough ports; ports run out and when that happens, no service can be installed.
    Potential Flow Customer: You specifically told me...
    Flow Customer Service: Sir...
    Potential Flow Customer: Okay, so now what?
    Flow Customer Service: You can wait to see if a port comes open, or if we install more equipment.

Customer leaves. Customer returns 3 days later deciding that this setup is not worth it.

Potential flow customer: I'd like a refund

Flow Customer Service: Why?

Potential Flow Customer: There's no service, no port, false information provided by customer care, all the while in receipt of my money.

Flow Customer Service: Well, [insert some fiscal/financial year closing jibber jabber here] the corporate office will need to issue that refund. The refund will also come in the form of a check, no cash refund.

Potential Flow Customer: So there's no service to be had from the service I signed up for, there's no telling when there would be service, the recommendation is to just wait, and when I decide I don't want to wait, asking for a refund of my money, the statement is to wait until your fiscal year finish, because corporate will need to refund the money. And to add to that, I won't be getting back cash, the refund will come in the form of a check?

Flow Customer Service: A so it go.

The End.

Now tell me that's not some kind of sabotage or unscrupulous scheme?

There's a lot to be said here, but I'll leave it for your mind....

Further Follow-up: Out of curiosity for this "port" keyword, I checked with a tech I know that services my area.. apparently that section only has a 16 port patch panel.... 16 ports.. a commercial (National, with a manipulating share in the industry) company installing 16 ports at the Dmarc/MPOE (this term used to emphasize nothing is distinguished) point.... so only 16 people can be connected at a time? Hell I just bought a 48 port patch panel to use in my house... seriously!

I feel it for my brother who has diligently remained calm and civil throughout the ordeal.

And I read on a few forums: best customer service is in Jamaica... best tech service is in Jamaica; best broadband. I say to those folks commenting as such: until yuh caan compare JA to places like the Czech Republic, Ireland and Argentina wah full a bush but still get pure service on both ends, don't ....nuh say dat.
    This is awful, I apologize for this. Since the merger with LIME. Flow has taken a downturn in all areas of service except Mobile. The system should have indicated that all ports are used up. They usually monitor the uptake of connection ports, to add more when and if demand grows in a specific area. The company has been in disarray since merger with LIME. Flow hasn't improved much since despite the constant commitments to do so. The disorganisation of the company is evident, customer care reps don't know how to connect with the Technical department or technicians. Flow is one big disorganized company. It seems everyone is doing what they please. And to make it worse, some of the staff are very disrespectful and no help to get yourself out of this mess. God knows how long before you get the refund of you're money. Or before they actually install any more additional ports.

It's really bad that Digicel Play isn't available widespread across the country. I'm sorry you and your brother have to go through this. Living in Jamaica is severely difficult and isolated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    This is awful, I apologize for this. Since the merger with LIME. Flow has taken a downturn in all areas of service except Mobile. The system should have indicated that all ports are used up. They usually monitor the uptake of connection ports, to add more when and if demand grows in a specific area. The company has been in disarray since merger with LIME. Flow hasn't improved much since despite the constant commitments to do so. The disorganisation of the company is evident, customer care reps don't know how to connect with the Technical department or technicians. Flow is one big disorganized company. It seems everyone is doing what they please. And to make it worse, some of the staff are very disrespectful and no help to get yourself out of this mess. God knows how long before you get the refund of you're money. Or before they actually install any more additional ports.

It's really bad that Digicel Play isn't available widespread across the country. I'm sorry you and your brother have to go through this. Living in Jamaica is severely difficult and isolated.

Thanks for your empathy. If we received 1/15th of that from the rep, we wouldn't have felt so horrible and dejected!

It's like there was no concern or care, and definitely no empathy shown towards a situation we have no control over. I say, it's easy fi go siddung and eat breadfruit and ackee, drink jelly, green banana &callaloo then and still feel satisfied throughout the day. So if it's a case where that customer service rep is pissed off and don't want to work for the company anymore, I'm sure a seat in their backyard is hiring.
    In cases like these, it's not the customer's fault, and we are not behaving aggressive, so understanding should be placed on our concerns

It is possible that the lack of competition causes this neglect; or maybe the strategy is to frustrate, frustrate more, and always frustrate customers. It's almost worse than standing in JN customer service line.

I can only hope a stable service show up - one without an ulterior motive of pissing off its customers - and finally represent with an all island broadband. I don't see where there's a problem for the people with the resources(preferably the jamaican goverment) to setup 6 or 8 major data hub points from Morant Bay to Negril, then spider connect them to fee the island - eliminating companies having to dig here and dig there every other month.

Minister Mrs. Fayval Williams must not have any interest in satisfying lowly customers so far towards the ground.

I've sent the ministry a letter to ask that specifically.

Sorry you had that experience, i had to wait about a month to get digicel play because there were no 'ports' available on my road, after numerous calls they came and connected me from a box way up the road. I moved two weeks ago and I went to the flow store last Thursday and applied for service cause digi Play not available here and the flow technician came and installed my service yesterday, two days after applying so i guess they can be quick but they should have communicated to your bro that there are no open ports.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    Sorry you had that experience, i had to wait about a month to get digicel play because there were no 'ports' available on my road, after numerous calls they came and connected me from a box way up the road. I moved two weeks ago and I went to the flow store last Thursday and applied for service cause digi Play not available here and the flow technician came and installed my service yesterday, two days after applying so i guess they can be quick but they should have communicated to your bro that there are no open ports.
    Yes, yes. That's the most negative part of this whole ordeal, the lack of communication! We followed up to make sure, and they said yes it is still a go, so somewhere in there that changed but there was no notification.

My tech friend also told me they are sent out on community surveys, and when the analysis is submitted showing that more connectivity resources are needed, it's promptly ignored.

Out of service, and out of the money we paid for the service.

How. Can. We. Win?

Never pay any company upfront. I learned my lesson the hard way.
    Back in the day, I signed up to flow, no pay down, install was done with 3 or so days.

If you have records of the transactions then there is a way. But it will take time.

• Take 1-2 days off work.
    • Go to the office you went to originally.
    • Ask to speak with a manager/supervisor.
    • Tell them the situation and let them know you want back your cash.
    • Once they feed you the same "corporate" garbage, tell them you are going to publicize the incident and go to the OUR.
    • Print a letter to the OUR along with a "plan of action" to publicize the incident.
    • The next day (same day depending on time) go to the Kingston office.
    • They don't have a place for you to talk to someone, but demand a manager.
    • Explain same situation and show copy of letter going to OUR along with plans to publicize.
    • Ensure you emphasize that money isn't the issue - it's the principle of the matter.
    • If you get back your cash, cool off. If you don't get it back head to the OUR. Carry out the vindictive method.

That's what I would do. And trust me - I've been to Kingston and spoken with managers to get things done. Without doing that sometimes you get nowhere. One occasion included a friend with crap service on DSL, which suddenly occurred, for about 2 years with calls going to customer service at least once per month. I went into Kingston and sat with a manager - all problems fixed and speed upgrade within a week. You don't have to "behave Jamaican" and start sell fabric in order to get through - but you do have to list out your knowledge of their systems and/or certification to get attention.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Follow up: We just got Internet. Yes, from dem time deh!

Random call that said: Hi, we'll be in your area tomorrow, we'll install the internet.

then: hi we installed the internet yesterday, we have your box, come and get it.

What can I say, it's a waiting game, and we -apparently- played the long waiting game!

------
    If you have records of the transactions then there is a way. But it will take time.

Take 1-2 days off work.
    Go to the office you went to originally.
    Ask to speak with a manager/supervisor.
    Tell them the situation and let them know you want back your cash.
    Once they feed you the same "corporate" garbage, tell them you are going to publicize the incident and go to the OUR.
    Print a letter to the OUR along with a "plan of action" to publicize the incident.
    The next day (same day depending on time) go to the Kingston office.
    They don't have a place for you to talk to someone, but demand a manager.
    Explain same situation and show copy of letter going to OUR along with plans to publicize.
    Ensure you emphasize that money isn't the issue - it's the principle of the matter.
    If you get back your cash, cool off. If you don't get it back head to the OUR. Carry out the vindictive method.
    -----
    \
    Yup, we tried this over the last 11 months. Nearly blaze up the whole a Ocho Rios.

I sure hope the customer service gets better.

------
    Yup, we tried this over the last 11 months. Nearly blaze up the whole a Ocho Rios.
    Well. It would have been justified IMO..........

------
    I sure hope the customer service gets better.

Jesus' second coming will be sooner...
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".