Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Fire Tv

Default Amazon Fire Tv

Hey. I currently have a firestick for streaming movies/shows and it can be slow and laggy at times. I would like to get something more powerful such as the Amazon Fire TV. Does anywhere in JA sell them or if not, what else may be a good alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by KB_1 View Post
    Hey. I currently have a firestick for streaming movies/shows and it can be slow and laggy at times. I would like to get something more powerful such as the Amazon Fire TV. Does anywhere in JA sell them or if not, what else may be a good alternative?
    most set top android boxes will do, i've also heard that the Roku player is better, the firestick is pretty good for moderate operations, - what ISP are you running the fire stick on?

I use my desktop though (running bluestacks emulator)
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Just a point for u to think about, is your fire stick located where it can get a good 2.4 ghz wifi signal? If your phone (or whatever other device) is getting a good signal it may be on the 5 ghz band so look out for that.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

I have Flow - 100mbps. Even when when used right next to router, there can be issues sometimes.

Are you using a VPN to access the service? Apologies as I don't have one and have never used it. I do use some of the paid streaming services however, and I've seen where using VPN stuff usually caused speed issues regardless.

If the Fire Stick works without VPN then it may be a congestion issue on the network. Try it at different times and see if it makes a difference.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I have used the firestick and there are no issues on Flow. I am assuming you do not have version 1 of the firestick and don't have a lot of apps on it. Also are you using approved apps for streaming or 3rd party stuff?
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    I have used the firestick and there are no issues on Flow. I am assuming you do not have version 1 of the firestick and don't have a lot of apps on it. Also are you using approved apps for streaming or 3rd party stuff?
    Yup its version 1, hence the need for something more powerful now. There's not much on it also. I'm not using a VPN.

Get the Firestick 4K, it's the current version out now and also get the official ethernet adapter. You will have no issues with a wired connection. FYI the ethernet adapter does not work with the 1st gen firestick.

I remember seeing a few firesticks available in tech shops here in Clarendon. but I'd have to check to see if they're still available. I myself use a firestick and find it to be much better than the other lesser known brands

Evening, I'm getting an Amazon fire TV stick Lite. Does anyone here have one or are familiar if it works with the Amazon app store here in Jamaica?. I want to know if I can download HBO Max app from the Amazon app store on the fire TV stick in Jamaica?. I'm seeing on my Sisters Amazon account online that the HBO Max app is Geo restricted so I can't download it from the app store outside of the USA. Anyone knows if this is so? Anyone here have the HBO app on their Fire stick downloaded from the app store in Jamaica, and it works?. Is there a workaround other than VPN to install it on the fire stick, like side loading?.