Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Applied General Relativity

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    You seem to think that technology can overcome the laws of physics. It cant. Physics affects everything we do. Even more so than money. Solar train on tracks? How much energy does it take to move a train 1km? If you want to solve problems you have to get good. Like really good.
    I am currently working on two cool projects which I plan to pat pend. Both seem possible. One is related to the train. That is all that I will say at this time.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

Fire Fighting - Sub Rant (Part 2)

(The suggested times below can be tweaked.)

Homes could be equipped with a smoke detector in the critical rooms e.g. the children’s bedroom. (Some inner city houses are small, and unconventional, and just have a living room and bedroom with a outside kitchen and shower.) The smoke detector would be designed with a sim card and it would be connected to a Flow/Government sim network (Similarly to how you can dial 119 from any Flow mobile phone without paying for the call. Bandwidth would only be used when the detector triggers.) The detector would also have a rotary infra red camera attached). When the detector goes off, the home user has 5 minutes to disable it locally, or else a message would be sent to the Fire dispatch base. After 2 minutes, an encrypted upload of camera feed would be started, and a “pre” Alert would be automatically sent to the fire fighters pager and then they would board the quad-copter and lift with the gps coordinates already automatically loaded. After a next 3 minutes, the encryption keys would be sent to dispatch for that session, and dispatch will be able to view current and pass video feed, and see if there are any hot spots, as it is a rotary camera. (One views the current and one views the past) Dispatch would then decide if it is a true alarm or false alarm. (Obviously the idea needs to be tested and tweak in practice) Dispatch could then issue a false alert, or an alert with further details.

The time could be tweaked down, made to zero, ie immediate.

(Todo: What if there are two alerts.)

(Home users could have an app on their phones, similar to Google Homes, maybe it could be called JamSafe Homes. They could get an SMS message, and the video feed as well. I am considering other functionality.)

I like that you are thinking about these issues but you are being too safe - too conventional. You trust too much in the technology that we currently have and seem to think that it is great. You do know that we are running out of phone numbers in our areacode and ipa addresses right? You want to put smart smoke detectors in squatter settlements that do not even have proper garbage collection - which means they probably burn garbage all the time. And a sim card could easily be removed and repurposed to make calls.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    You seem to think that technology can overcome the laws of physics. It cant. Physics affects everything we do. Even more so than money. Solar train on tracks? How much energy does it take to move a train 1km? If you want to solve problems you have to get good. Like really good.
    Every scientists ... who ever claimed ... that they had an invention that would rescue mankind from it own destruction had ... FAILED!

Not to say that they did not indeed create some grand inventions, BUT, they did not factor in the ratio of Parasites to Progressive elements into their equation.
    Maybe I will fail too, but I will learn from the mistake of the Bigger Boss Tesla and the Boss Einstein.

We are already good. Our technology is already great. I do not have to single-handedly be great. Through history, every time there was new technology to benefit mankind progressively, parasites would use it in the most selfish ways possible, and this is why we lack true peace on earth. This is why, even though we can feed the planet 10 times over, there are many regions where people still starve. Even in Jamaica, one and two hungry belly for weeks. And look at green green lush Jamaica. No invention has really changed anything.

There is no sense having a good invention if the invention will not reach into progressive hands.

You can advance the science of particle physics. Yet some group of people use it to create a bomb and drop it on innocent women and children. Twice. Then turn and call others terrorists. Especially, if the so call terrorist live in a country with abundant resources.

The Bigger Boss realized the existence of Parasites and Progressive elements in his later days. Nicola Tesla always wanted his inventions to help mankind, and never seeked any recognition. It was just straight progress and giving. His inventions were many and on a whole other level. I would say, he believed people were mostly good, and once they had the technology, then the world would be better. He created so much. But change little in his peaceful goal. Some of his ideas were too good, and Parasites fought it down. In the end, in my words, he admitted how many parasites were in the world, and that the world was not ready for this level of progress. During the war, in his later days, he decided to give defensive technology to smaller countries. He saw who to target with his technology. Then he died of old age.

We already have enough technology to "solve problems". We just lack a progressive mindset. Einstein said that you cant solve a problem with the same mentality that created the problem. We need to improve our mentality. Less selfishness and more progress. Fully fledged parasites are incapable of being unselfish so they are excluded from the solution. However, progressive elements need to step up their game. This is the solution.

I know the value of technology, but I know the greater value of the mindset of people.

Each country should be responsible in creating a progress culture for itself. Jamaica needs to address the parasites within. One way is to embrace progressive thinking. Progressive elements will grow. It is a more stable culture. I am not trying to implement a plan. I am trying to program a mindset. We are good enough already. We are ready for progress. Together we can implement a better plan. Don't let parasites mach it up.

The goal is to have safe houses from fire. I agree that more than tech is needed. We cannot let parasites dictate that this is not possible. We can find a solution without them.

The other goal is to have cheap and convenient transport for farming.

The next goal is better working conditions and garbage removal.

Solar train = one cart goods per 3 carts panel per one cart battery.

ie panel+goods+panel+panel+battery+panel+goods+panel+ panel+battery+...

Battery carts can be swapped at various "Stops" if depleted. At the "stop", there would be a small solar farm, that would recharge the battery carts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GE_AC6000CW
    The AC6000CW is a 6,000-horsepower (4,500 kW) roadswitcher diesel electric locomotive built by GE Transportation. This locomotive, along with the EMD SD90MAC, is among the most powerful single-engined diesel locomotives in the world, surpassed only by the dual-engine 6,600-horsepower (4,900 kW) EMD DDA40X.
    Each solar cart can have 6 panels ~ 1kW
    Thus 3kW per 3 cart+ an extra 2 kW for the goods and battery (as they are also covered with panels) = 5kW

Each goods cart would be motorized.
    The batteries provide an additional 5kW. Total 10kW.

In the article, 8 train engines were used to pulled 682 wagons of iron ore. That's about ~85 wagons per engine.

Multiply the 10kW by 85 gives 850 kW. Assuming that one iron ore cart has the same weight as the goods+3panel+battery.

I am not trying to have the fastest train. There would be more distribution of engine power, so less tension between carts. Thus less mental needed in the undercarriage supports. It would have about 1/5 the power of regular trains, but it would be designed to be far lighter. And far less friction overall. It would move but not fast. Each engine/goods cart would have a tension sensor so it would accelerate and decelerated according to the neighboring carts. All carts would be linked so that braking applies to all carts.

There would be less tension between carts, when there is distributed power. No >10 tonne tension especially when going up a gently incline. Less steel needed. Less weight. Less force. Still as safe.

Anyways, This is WHY Jamaica should have a Research and Development Department. They would find the solution to the problem. Do we have the mindset as Jamaicans to create such a department.

You do know that we are running out of phone numbers in our areacode and ipa addresses right?
    One day when Africa gets decent bandwidth. IP v 6 would have to be used. The tech is here, but the mindset is not. IP v 6 is old tech.

5G is also coming, but current mindset is the problem

You want to put smart smoke detectors in squatter settlements that do not even have proper garbage collection - which means they probably burn garbage all the time
    why people squat. poor land management by the powers that be. Garbage collection is not rocket science. The thing just needs proper organization and management. Community goal. Not selfish goal.

Progressive elements have care enough to see a smoke detector and go outside to a designated area a smoke some weed. Lack of care is lack of progress.

Research and Development Department is gravely underfunded. Education is underfunded, no new libraries. Kids are growing up playing addictive android phone games and watching youtube videos full of nonsense facts. The government is hoping that the stable economy will give room for such to development but I dont see it happening anytime soon. As far as the mindset thing and the "progressive hands" there are always people thinking up things but you dont want to fall into the "future geek trap" of thinking that the next thing will solve the current problems. Like if we only had 5g we would be so much better off. remember when 4g was going to bring smart cities? its mostly marketing. As far as it goes most of the IPA space is being wasted on smart devices - having more addresses for more devices to waste more electricity doesnt really solve the parasite problem but who knows. But this is just my 2 cents. Jamaica needs more electricians that can repurpose some of the cheap hardware that we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Interesting points in some of the sub-rants, and to some extent I agree. However, given the fiscal challenges in the country, how would the Authorities afford some of these initiatives? Also, some of these initiatives would require a significant mind-shift in Jamaicans. For example with garbage collection ... when there are many still tossing garbage out the window or into gullies. Still, we should continue to strive for better.
    I'd like to touch on the issue of 'garbage collection'. For a long time 'garbage collection has been non-existent in many communities with bins overflowing with garbage for several weeks sometimes months before a truck is seen. Yet on a daily basis persons can be seen cleaning the streets no doubt being paid with taxpayers hard earnings. So is it acceptable that taxpayers funds are being allocated to paying these persons to clean the roads while their garbage is being piled up at home. I would not consider this as a fiscal challenge as you would put it but rather a gross mismanagement of taxpayers funds. So what do we do? My suggestion is, since the is more emphasis on collecting the garbage on the roads than from taxpayers homes than that's where the garbage needs to be put. Toss it out of the window on the streets than have it piled up in your homes? BY ALL MEANS YES! How many times have you seen the streets completely littered after some senseless public event only to have it cleaned a few hours later. It's not being disrespectful, but rather simply about putting your taxpayers dollars to work.
    Last edited by lojikal; Apr 8, 2019 at 09:54 PM.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Quote Originally Posted by lojikal View Post
    I'd like to touch on the issue of 'garbage collection'. For a long time 'garbage collection has been non-existent in many communities with bins overflowing with garbage for several weeks sometimes months before a truck is seen. Yet on a daily basis persons can be seen cleaning the streets no doubt being paid with taxpayers hard earnings. So is it acceptable that taxpayers funds are being allocated to paying these persons to clean the roads while their garbage is being piled up at home. I would not consider this as a fiscal challenge as you would put it but rather a gross mismanagement of taxpayers funds. So what do we do? My suggestion is, since the is more emphasis on collecting the garbage on the roads than from taxpayers homes than that's where the garbage needs to be put. Toss it out of the window on the streets than have it piled up in your homes? BY ALL MEANS YES! How many times have you seen the streets completely littered after some senseless public event only to have it cleaned a few hours later. It's not being disrespectful, but rather simply about putting your taxpayers dollars to work.

The more common the goal, the more successful the project.

We could have a common goal of cleaning up the political corruption that we inherited from colonization. Or we could have a less common goal of dirty up streets in preference to homes. Not all Jamaicans can rally behind the latter so that goal is likely to fail. Then again...

Nothing is wrong with personal goals, only, the team support is likely less.

“Progress for mankind” is even a more common goal. Progressive elements from all countries will likely participate in a project with this goal. Parasites will, at best, ACT like they are participating.

Every Country can benefit from Progress. Some can, more than others. Jamaica can, very much, especial given our inherited “parasitic” culture. Our brother and sister countries can, just as much. Even more so, is our battered mother. All our “cultures” can become more “progressive”. True Progress will not and cannot be achieved by Parasites. Good people from ALL countries will have to push and achieve this. True World Progress will eventually trickle down to us colonial countries.

Collaboration is also very important. It is our true nature to cooperate.
    No matter how smart Einstein was, or how hard he worked … he could not have achieved all his theories without the help of his colleagues or family. One example is that: Einstein could not manage calculus to save his life. However, General Relativity was created from Differential Maths. This was thanks to his colleagues.
    Einstein even had great difficulty in college. (Perhaps the education system is flawed. I’ll rant again in another post)
    One person working on a problem (even if he is as smart as Nikola Tesla) is like a fish out of water. There would be more productivity when people collaborate. Could you imaging if Tesla and Einstein collaborated. Tesla had a goal to make the world better, and Einstein, I believe, had a goal to make the world smarter. Now imagine, Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, Leonhard Euler, Stephen Hawking, Srinivasa Ramanujan, and Bob Marley in the same place and in the same time. And all are working on world progress (Improving the world for everyone). There would likely be no more wars. (Probably, we would need even more progressive elements in one place). Just the same, if more smart people could work together, then there would be far more productivity. It is disappointing that about 1% of the population of Jamaica is in research, if so much. Jamaicans are not in our natural environment. Our culture is also NOT geared for corporation. We need to return to a culture of collaboration like that of our ancestors. The amount of difference we would feel is comparable to a fish being out of water, to a fish being in water (Our natural Progressive state).

I have a parasitic boss. I have parasitic neighbors. I can hardly manage bills. Time, money, collaboration that I need to do research is virtually non existing. Yet I still push ahead. I have multiple projects working on and I am stretched thin. If I did not have to deal with more that one high-level, full-burst parasites, then I could easily finish more projects. I know other Jamaican share my fate, given the “system” in place and the current high level of corruption at top and bottom, more so at top. I know the majority of Jamaicans are less privileged than myself, and yet we still push ahead.

Mankind is greater than we know, but to achieve full potential we have to be in the right environment and culture. We are better when we have constructive suggestions and questions. Everything does not have to be a competition. It is nice to compete but our full potential is when we work as a team.

Full progress is when there is no effort needed to think about others. Not only that, but such people are common place. Thus they would synchronize easily. Imagine a room of unselfish children, eventually, they would synchronize to a progressive goal. Their thoughts together would far surpass a prodigy genius all by him or herself. The culture of the country also have to be progressive, as you literally reap what you sew.

Progressive Elements from all countries need to collaborate. This is my plea. There will be Better project success.

Remember: The more common the goal, the better the team effort.

Fire Fighting - Sub Rant (Part 3)

Extend the “Response” to have vehicles with crash devices. The device would track gps coordinates. On a crash and deployment of air bags, the gps coordinates would be automatically sent to response server base using a sim Network. (@Owen Just like how hackers can find a way into a system, if Jamaica had an R&D department, then I am sure that they would find a way to put more ip addresses on the sim network)