Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Applied General Relativity

Default Applied General Relativity

I would like to talk about some “Applied” General Relativity (GR).

But first I would like to comment on some other ideas. I strongly believe that Progressive Elements (PE) are not in the right R&D culture that we should be in.

Fire Fighting - Sub Rant

This is what Jamaica should have to fight fire.

Jamaica is an island. No one or child should die in a fire.

Two Large Quad-copters with portable tanks, android map display with GPS linked with dispatch.
    Water cannons with target light beam. Flood lights. ATC contact Radio.
    (Each Quad-copter should be equip with at least two (2) water cannons and one short rang foam cannon)

Copters would quickly return to base, then drop and quick swap tanks, then connect cannon feeds en route back to fire. (Jamaica aeronautical coverage is fast with copters.)

10 mins response time
    8 Spare Water tanks ‘Prefilled’ at base
    2 spare foam canister at base
    1 empty sea water scooping tank at base (to be used for bigger fires)
    Weekly drills

Fire Fighters should also be assigned duties to car crashes, and are to respond with Jaws of life to cut through metal and and a paramedic

Garbage Collecting - Sub rant

Technological advancements made in the world yet little interest exist in enhancing important industries.

Workers need a proper gas mask, possible with air tank. Proper Hazard suit and not just the gloves and boots.

Time for a New truck design, with full fume containment. R&D

Plastic recycling program. Encourage citizen by paying $ 5 per lb of plastic or some other incentive.

Separate Truck used to collect recyclables (plastic/paper/glass) than for non-recyclables

I would expect that at the base of operation, there would be a pre-shower facility for the hazard suits

Farming - Sub Rant

This is just the tech to carry goods and people.

Small solar train.

Carts equipped with multiple shelves with small roll down shutters for each compartment. (Multiple Shelving is important) Obstruction sensor with automatic stop. Train travel from rural farms to towns.

Delivery trucks also with multiple shelves.

One network brain between markets tracking demand.

Organization of foods. Example, yam with different grades. Orders, subscription, purchase history track.

On site testing for pesticides.

Request List. Ackee, Pineapple, orange, apple, yam, irish, cane, banana, cantelope, jack fruit, and sweet potato, etc.

Meat shop, beef dna testing (count chromosome in cell sample)

Utilize more ‘no mans land’ to feed ourselves first, then to export the excess to benefit other countries with our mighty yams etc

We need to prioritize food, health, and learning. This is progress for one and all.

Applied General Relativity

The late great Max Planck created the plank constant as a hack for the equation of black body radiation. It was Einstein would realized and explained that... it was a quantized value for EM waves. Einstein then showed the photo-electric effect. He also calculated Brownian motion. Since he discovered and explained Quantization, he was never against the original version of Quantum Mechanics. Many other scientist ran with Quantum Mechanics into a strange interpretation. Things like, is the cat alive and dead at the same?is the moon there when we are not looking and so one. These interpretations upsetted Einstein. Einstein also show e=mc(square). But the greatest achievements of Einstein were Special Relativity (mind blown) then General relativity (mic drops). Yet he was shun by the scientific community, by brilliant scientists, for his way of thinking about quantum mechanics. That it should be deterministic.

Another great scientist was Nikola Tesla. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqBMTkA5c0w)
    Albert Einstein held great regard for Nikola Tesla, stating Nikola to be the smartest man on earth at the time, over himself. Also, Nikola stated that the most important thing was intuition. Einstein had an intuition. He though that the modern ideas of Quantum Mechanics were wrong and stated that is was an incomplete theory, even despite him cannot find any flaws in it. I consider Albert Einstein to be the Boss, and Nikola Tesla to be the Bigger Boss, given all their contributions.

Continuing on the Boss’s work, the late great Albert Einstein (AE). Curve spacetime tells matter how to move. Matter ‘and moving matter’ tells space time how to curve.
    Using one observation and one though experiment: I am not sure there is a singularity. Consider: a rotating body pulls space time with it (predicted from General Relativity(GE) and observed by Gravity Probe B in space). Could this apply to a particle of mass, considering that in dt a particle in the rotating earth is in a linear motion for dt time. Now consider a linear body dragging spacetime with it (Not observed however, as yet maybe). Now for thought experiment: Consider a matter particle travelling at c-1 of the speed of light. Then, as gravity is just the bending of spacetime, a particle falling straight into a gravity body should accelerate at same rate with other particles at that point irrespective of initial speed. If the gravity well is > 2 ct in size where t > 1 unit, and the acceleration of the well over that size is > 1. Then, if the particle travels directly into the gravity well, then it should reach a speed of c+1. But this is not allowed.

What I postulate is that:
    -spacetime curvature has a max gradient at the speed of light. (Let that be 45 degrees)
    Diagram shows xspacetime vs x
    -once this gradient is formed then a black hole is formed.
    -for a particle travelling, it bends space time. The gradient is related to its speed
    -the curvature or bending is in a vector
    -even though vector, has small components in other 2 space dimension
    -matter particles have the bending around each particle, not around the entire body together
    -the increase in gradient is related to acceleration
    -different effects of spacetime bending can be added but cannot be greater than 45

Another reason to doubt a singularity is to look at a body like the earth. Traveling in x direction, towards & through the center, at some point the vector of gravity changes direction. Also at some point, gravity = 0. That is, at center of earth, there is no gravity. There is high pressure though, because the half of the earth to the right would be attracted to the half on the left. Even for the sun, this property is the same. If x is at the center of the sun, then at a position x+1, the gravity would still be low, especially when compared to the surface of the sun. When a star collapses, if some force exists between fundamental “strings” that we have not seen yet, enough to overcome the very large but not infinite drop change in gradient. (An infinite in rate of change in gradient would be a sharp angle, and not a curve. Further more the max gradient may be speed of light) From the size of the mass is not zero then no singularity. (What if this is wrong? And there is a singularity)
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

Last edited by crosswire; Mar 24, 2019 at 12:41 PM.

This is diagrams placeholder 2

This is diagrams placeholder 3

This is explanation 2 placeholder

Interesting points in some of the sub-rants, and to some extent I agree. However, given the fiscal challenges in the country, how would the Authorities afford some of these initiatives? Also, some of these initiatives would require a significant mind-shift in Jamaicans. For example with garbage collection ... when there are many still tossing garbage out the window or into gullies. Still, we should continue to strive for better.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Interesting points in some of the sub-rants, and to some extent I agree. However, given the fiscal challenges in the country, how would the Authorities afford some of these initiatives? Also, some of these initiatives would require a significant mind-shift in Jamaicans. For example with garbage collection ... when there are many still tossing garbage out the window or into gullies. Still, we should continue to strive for better.
    I'll soon get to reading the entire thing. But. Education and pride in the country are things that are lacking. Half of these.......mammals that throw things on the road have NO IDEA what the pledge, motto and song mean. Anyways. Will get into the info later on and post something on-topic.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

A significant mind-shift is needed in Jamaicans.

For the improved fire response system, I am confident that money is here. Example: a private company can get one base like this to protect itself, whether it be an oil refinery, airport, or whatever. Yet there is no funds for dense inner-cities in Kng, Mobay, or Manchester to get to protect the lives of so many.

Einstein said evil will continue to prevail so long as good people do nothing. I interpret this to say that we can each contribute in various ways, to get the right infrastructure for our country, and do not let parasites keep in down due to an un-progressive mentality. Jamaicans are greater than we think.

Grant you my ideas are just a start and tweaking can be done, others can do better.

We must be aware that there is no limit to a Progressive Element. Consider a parasitic plant in a forest: its growth is limited by the plants which it sucks on. How big it gets depends on how much it "steals" so it will never be greater than the sum of its input. Now consider the other trees in the forest, they have no such limit. As they grow taller, all they have to do is: push their roots deeper and their leave higher. There is an evolutionary path within this progressive function. Thus further generations can be taller and taller without interfering with the system.

It is possible that humankind culture was different in the ancient pass, and we were much smarter, but something happened. Now we Jamaicans have a more parasitic culture. And it is not our nature. Even though we are a bit dumb down for not using our minds as we should daily, we are more like fish out of water.

Maybe mother nature rebuilds.

Maybe it is destined from karma, and divine intervention.

Maybe it is Yin Yang. eg the more thing get worse, the more we see the need to improve. Yin Yan is fundamentally true.

Anyways, we can hope that more is done now to save lives. Personally, I am a bit cluster-phobic. If I was to be in a car accident, and compressed in the vehicle, I would hope that the jaws of life reach as fast as possible. Furthermore modern technology can be used to save life and property from fires. Parasites will always still want to get fat of money that was not earned. But we just need enough good people to participate to the progress of the country. I know a lot of good people are on the mill and unable to participate in R&D.

For the twins that died in the recent fire, I extend my deepest condolences.

You seem to think that technology can overcome the laws of physics. It cant. Physics affects everything we do. Even more so than money. Solar train on tracks? How much energy does it take to move a train 1km? If you want to solve problems you have to get good. Like really good.