Thread: World Time Clocks

Default World Time Clocks

Now I'm not sure how much persons actually go for desktop programs in a world filled with mobile apps. I personally rather desktop programs for various things. One of the things I do is remote VPS administration and from time to time I have to do online support for persons in different time zones. For my own purposes I purchased this app. There was also another called QLOCK which wasn't bad, but the team doesn't reply to anything and if you do a purchase you get no license. Fortunately PayPal allows you to get back your cash.

Sharp World Clock is the best thing I've found, but it's paid only. So if you want something free with limited functionality then get QLOCK. Screenshots are below. Let me know if you can think of any other alternatives. If you'd like to see any other functions of the program let me know and I'll add screenshots.

Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

This program is also useful when working with teams scattered across several time zones.

Oh and BTW - I also prefer desktop programs over mobile apps.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This program is also useful when working with teams scattered across several time zones.

Oh and BTW - I also prefer desktop programs over mobile apps.
    Agreed fully. I'm actually hoping that this program will get enough publicity that the dev will start back some work on the mobile ones. If it can be linked to the desktop app then that would be golden.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Interesting clock app.

I like desktop and mobile apps, half and half, the same

Desktop has better windowing view when using multiple apps. You can drag and drop items between apps and have seamless clipboard sharing.

Mobile apps have better internet support and online sharing (as you are more likely to carry your android phone somewhere where there is free internet, whereas the desktop access depends on if you have a decent monthly/temp plan at home which is $$$ that may be not so frequent for some. However, as of Android 6, there is support for split screen. I use it a few times for when I need to use or look at two apps. But as the screen is small on my phone, I would prefer to do work on my desktop

them or y
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you