Thread: Disk wiping software

Default Disk wiping software

I may need to do a secure wipe of several HDDs. Any suggestions of free but effective software to get this done?
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

DBAN is usually my tool of choice as I am old school.

There are quite a few newer tools if you are Windows person. You can check the list below

https://www.lifewire.com/free-data-d...ograms-2626174

DBAN is a great solution as a open source software that support Gutmann and US DoD methods of wiping.

If for some reason DBAN doesn't work, u can try the free version of Active@ Killdisk.
    Free version only does erasing with one-pass zeroes, support up to 2 disk wiping (parallel Wipe) at a time and also have a bootable option like DBAN.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Thanks for the responses. I looked into the options and will try NWIPE which is a fork of DBAN. Let's see how it works out.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

I have a license for Hard Disk Sentinel. It has a number of different wipe options available. DBAN would be the next option for me.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".