Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FLOW TV Upgrades for December 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    I'm still on the Essential package with 25 mb internet. I didn't take their "upgrade" they offered back then to move to the Flame, Fire or Blaze bundle.
    So lets see what they coming with.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they only upgrade the EVO data packages. Given that they aren't forcing people to switch, they probably still make a tidy sum from everyone staying on the legacy packages.

They are killing off the Cable Your Way and Flow Your Own options, while moving a few [presumably] popular channels to higher tier packages so, that speed bump on the data side is really the only bit of good news coming. I think the EVO packages are... fine but inertia is a hell of a thing. If you aren't particularly inconvenienced you won't seek alternatives.

I guess we'll see what the real damage is in a few months.

...meanwhile, in ADSL land <crickets>

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    Bandwidth has not been the problem..just distribution. Remember they sell bandwidth to Digicel.
    Yea, it is their distribution technology that is the bottleneck. But Flow knows the fixed line broadband game is going to change once again in 2020 so I guess they are being proactive rather than reactive. I'm not getting my hopes up tho

Meh, correct me if i'm wrong but i'm assuming this upgrade in Internet speeds that I've yet to experience is just a thing for the Holiday season. Then next year its back to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_ View Post
    Meh, correct me if i'm wrong but i'm assuming this upgrade in Internet speeds that I've yet to experience is just a thing for the Holiday season. Then next year its back to reality.
    Can't correct you on something we don't know or experienced about...other than its "coming in December". So your assumptions are valid, along with our guesses as well.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

If we do get a speed upgrade it will be followed in a few mths with a price increase
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    If we do get a speed upgrade it will be followed in a few mths with a price increase
    Just like 2015

http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...618#post790618

Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    its now posted on the flow facebook website

Faster, better and more reliable internet connection. We have upgraded and just in time for Christmas.
    In addition to improved performance, we upgraded the download speeds offered on some of our internet packages:
    Existing 12mbps customers will now receive 15mbps.
    Existing 15mbps (Flow Rock now Flow Essential) subscribers will now receive 20mbps.
    Existing 20mbps (Flow Rave now Flow Plus) subscribers will now receive 25mbps.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

They say TV changes to take effect Dec 31.. so i guess it's about that time we'll see upgrades...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    They say TV changes to take effect Dec 31.. so i guess it's about that time we'll see upgrades...
    Yeah, got that message too. I guess not in time for Christmas this year.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Well Flow call me, them say I was chosen for Upgrade.. so basically they trying to upgrade me to a higher package wherein I would then pay more money per month.

Not sure if they trying to upgrade me before free internet upgrades or this trying to upgrade people is what they had up their sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Well Flow call me, them say I was chosen for Upgrade.. so basically they trying to upgrade me to a higher package wherein I would then pay more money per month.

Not sure if they trying to upgrade me before free internet upgrades or this trying to upgrade people is what they had up their sleeve.
    upgrade you from what to what?