Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flow Talk Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    Tell them to offer that for 2500 and ill switch to flow next day but until then all that bandwidth they have is going to waste lol.
    9GB for $2500, only in our dreams I guess. They will go in LTE Broadband, hence the build out of capacity and speed. They just need to get some low band spectrum to smooth out the coverage gaps.

With this new push for unlimited talk, I wonder if Flow will now escalate their intention to deploy HD Voice or VoLTE across their Network. It seems to me they are pushing the usage of voice services massively. They do need to work on call quality though, its good for the most part. But definitely needs a major upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    I seriously don't think unlimited calling is going to make anyone switch networks simply because people are more moving toward social media (aka WhatsApp) for communication. I would say at least 90% of mobile users below age 30 use WhatsApp for about 95% of their communication today. I never finish my minutes that come with activating service because i hardly ever need to dial someones number. Even when i was in America almost all my calls sent and received were over FaceTime or WhatsApp.
    Not in agreement with this some parts of this statement, I signed up today why? I call a decent number of landlines and business related phone numbers on a daily basis that do not have an associated whatapp account. I think the same is true for a lot of people maybe not the majority but a lot. By the way I turned 30 this year. What I do agree with is that many people young, middle aged and old in Jamaica are increasingly using whatsapp for 90% of their communication needs as well as WIFI. I hear a lot of people saying they hardly buy credit again and a guy in a community that used to move $250,000 on average in credit years ago told me he stopped selling credit last year because it was no longer profitable.

So right now I have the Nuff Data nuff talk $1000 plan on Digicel and the $2000 unlimited on Flow.
    Last edited by Thy; Oct 29, 2018 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    Not in agreement with this some parts of this statement, I signed up today why? I call a decent number of landlines and business related phone numbers on a daily basis that do not have an associated whatapp account. I think the same is true for a lot of people maybe not the majority but a lot. By the way I turned 30 this year. What I do agree with is that many people young, middle aged and old in Jamaica are increasingly using whatsapp for 90% of their communication needs as well as WIFI. I hear a lot of people saying they hardly buy credit again and a guy in a community that used to move $250,000 on average in credit years ago told me he stopped selling credit last year because it was no longer profitable.

So right now I have the Nuff Data nuff talk $1000 plan on Digicel and the $2000 unlimited on Flow.
    I agree, there is a good segment of the market who still need and make a lot of calls. Also I think both telecoms should start pushing postpaid more. Out of the two, which one do you find provides the most useful services to thier subscribers?. I love Digicel, but they haven't invested wisely in there LTE Network, so I ditched them for Flow. Still use thier Sim though.

Anything Flow/Lime does and Digicel does not immediately respond then you know it's crap..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Anything Flow/Lime does and Digicel does not immediately respond then you know it's crap..
    Hey, Hows Digicel LTE working for you in Montego Bay?. Is it reliable, fast and available 99% of the time?. I really expected that Digicel should have been the leader in the LTE speeds in Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Hey, Hows Digicel LTE working for you in Montego Bay?. Is it reliable, fast and available 99% of the time?. I really expected that Digicel should have been the leader in the LTE speeds in Jamaica.
    LOL There's no way they're going to top 190-200 Mbit/s that FLOW is pumping out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    LOL There's no way they're going to top 190-200 Mbit/s that FLOW is pumping out.
    Sad, I Emailed Mr Parkinson. Got a response as usual. He said very vaguely, that Digicel will in the very near future be ready for 5G. In terms of LTE, Digicel keeps saying they are the fastest Network. I love Flow, and I really hope they vastly improve their deep rural coverage in Jamaica. Have you ever used Digicel before?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Have LTE everywhere in mobay I go.... speeds are adequate for mobile use 70/80Mbps...

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Flow pumping out 200Mbps for people to use WhatsApp ???
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Have LTE everywhere in mobay I go.... speeds are adequate for mobile use 70/80Mbps...
    Thats great, those speeds are great. Seeing that Digicel hasn't activated Carrier aggregation in Montego bay yet. Good to know, that 700mhz spectrum is great for widespread coverage and penetration in buildings.

Flow pumping out 200Mbps for people to use WhatsApp ???

LOL, that massive speed is for capacity. So in context if a 1000 persons is active on a particular tower or area. All those persons would get seamless, smooth and fast connections. Thats why capacity bands like band 4 are so important. Digicel should have started out with High band spectrum, then use low band spectrum to fill it coverage gaps.