Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow Talk Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Is it that you Love Flow, and really want to use their Mobile services. But disappointed in their plans and customer service like me? I agree with you though, Flow doesn't make use of their massive bandwidth. I had a situation in deep rural St Elizabeth, where we needed to call our driver to pick us up. And Flows mobile service was non existent, I mean not even 1 bar of signal to make a call. Total dead zone, however my sisters Digicel phone was excellent. Mind you it was slow 3G speeds at 3Mbps but we were able to make calls and got in touch with out transport, to get out of the bushes, the fact that we had a data connection in this isolated area was awesome. This made me realize and appreciate Digicel more, they may not be the fastest in data speeds and capacity. But they are sure way more reliable and have extensive coverage in the deep rural areas of Jamaica, where Flow has zero signal in all of these areas.

Flows LTE is a excellent work of thinking and implementation, Digicel doesn't come close to LTE from Flow. Its sad really, as I truly believed that Digicel should have been the leader in LTE in Jamaica and the Region. Digicel changed Jamaica for the better, when they came here in 2001. What really happened to them now, is beyond me. But I do hope they can rebound and catch up to Flow in the LTE area. I love Digicel and hope that they will pull through.
    Let it be known, it is still being fought in the courts last I remember that Digicel has an unfair advantage over FLOW as to them having more low band spectrum than they reasonably should. To own 850 and 900 MHz and also delimit FLOW’s 850 MHz holdings on both sides is actually a cause for concern. The merger with Claro still has residual effects to this day particularly in the provisioning of UMTS. What has now happened is that the largess that Digicel had amassed is working against them because they’re not as agile as FLOW in deploying and redeploying resources. FLOW’s cost structures are doing fantastic whereas 14 Ocean Boulevard tells a tale of grave reductions and merky waters with creditors.

Nathan...I have both networks. So at times I piggy back on flow when I need to stream something in busy traffic or areas. However I don't think i hear the man on the streets complaining about digicel slow speeds to the point where they would want to switch to flow.

So all this fast speed and investment is basically a waste. Secondly I believe now that digi sold their towers to Phoenix Jamaica towers flow could basically make use of that footprint by reducing the overhead cost to build their own.

I am still peeved at the data bundles for flow. I was looking back in a 2016 article which said they were the only authorized provider for WhatsApp bundles etc and they signed agreement with WhatsApp.

How could u say now that you launching a plan and it's only unlimited WhatsApp text?

That's like 1 kb per text most time.

They could've said they offering night time or late night double data but they clearly dont want to win any customer

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Nathan...I have both networks. So at times I piggy back on flow when I need to stream something in busy traffic or areas. However I don't think i hear the man on the streets complaining about digicel slow speeds to the point where they would want to switch to flow.

So all this fast speed and investment is basically a waste. Secondly I believe now that digi sold their towers to Phoenix Jamaica towers flow could basically make use of that footprint by reducing the overhead cost to build their own.

I am still peeved at the data bundles for flow. I was looking back in a 2016 article which said they were the only authorized provider for WhatsApp bundles etc and they signed agreement with WhatsApp.

How could u say now that you launching a plan and it's only unlimited WhatsApp text?

That's like 1 kb per text most time.

They could've said they offering night time or late night double data but they clearly dont want to win any customer
    Yes, most people don't care too much about the speed of the data connection. I can testify that I have a very hard time convincing family and friends to switch to Flow. I'm the only Flow user among all my family and people I know. For some reason or another, People don't like or trust LIME/Flow. Flow doesn't seem too concern that they are losing subscribers, for the past seven months. Digicel gained 63000 new subs, while Flow lost 17,000 in Jamaica. I presume that Flow business plan is shifting away from local subscribers totally, to inbound international visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Let it be known, it is still being fought in the courts last I remember that Digicel has an unfair advantage over FLOW as to them having more low band spectrum than they reasonably should. To own 850 and 900 MHz and also delimit FLOW’s 850 MHz holdings on both sides is actually a cause for concern. The merger with Claro still has residual effects to this day particularly in the provisioning of UMTS. What has now happened is that the largess that Digicel had amassed is working against them because they’re not as agile as FLOW in deploying and redeploying resources. FLOW’s cost structures are doing fantastic whereas 14 Ocean Boulevard tells a tale of grave reductions and merky waters with creditors.
    Depressing news for Digicel, again. I always try to get your analysis of the Networks to make my decision. I think Digicel should sell some of their low band spectrum to Flow, and in return. Flow would sell wide band/high speed bands in the 1900Mhz frequency to Digicel.

An improvement by Flow but still not as good as Digicel right now. It would be better if Flow had a $1000 plan for on-net calls ONLY with roll over. Notice that none of these plans mention roll over. Still not good enough Flow I will be sticking to Digicel a bit more especially since you stole $500 from my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    An improvement by Flow but still not as good as Digicel right now. It would be better if Flow had a $1000 plan for on-net calls ONLY with roll over. Notice that none of these plans mention roll over. Still not good enough Flow I will be sticking to Digicel a bit more especially since you stole $500 from my phone.
    All FLOW plans roll over. I currently have 20,300 rollover On-Net minutes to FLOW mobile & Fixed Lines and much more in SMS & Data. To rollover the allotment, simply buy a plan that is longer in duration than the previous’ expiration. Your balance will increase and time of expiration reset.

All FLOW plans roll over. I currently have 20,300 rollover On-Net minutes to FLOW mobile & Fixed Lines and much more in SMS & Data. To rollover the allotment, simply buy a plan that is longer in duration than the previous’ expiration. Your balance will increase and time of expiration reset.
    Ok thanks for the clarification.

I seriously don't think unlimited calling is going to make anyone switch networks simply because people are more moving toward social media (aka WhatsApp) for communication. I would say at least 90% of mobile users below age 30 use WhatsApp for about 95% of their communication today. I never finish my minutes that come with activating service because i hardly ever need to dial someones number. Even when i was in America almost all my calls sent and received were over FaceTime or WhatsApp.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.dre View Post
    I seriously don't think unlimited calling is going to make anyone switch networks simply because people are more moving toward social media (aka WhatsApp) for communication. I would say at least 90% of mobile users below age 30 use WhatsApp for about 95% of their communication today. I never finish my minutes that come with activating service because i hardly ever need to dial someones number. Even when i was in America almost all my calls sent and received were over FaceTime or WhatsApp.
    And FLOW already offers generous data limits on Gig-Up; up to 4.5 GB for weeks/ 9 GB for a whole month for 4 grand!

And FLOW already offers generous data limits on Gig-Up; up to 4.5 GB for weeks/ 9 GB for a whole month for 4 grand!
    Tell them to offer that for 2500 and ill switch to flow next day but until then all that bandwidth they have is going to waste lol.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor