Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Flow Talk Unlimited

As someone still on a digicel smart postpaid plan I ask myself everyday what is this I spend $2500 on for 1gb of data and 500mins of anywhere call.. I had no idea there were prepaid plans so customizable that for half my monthly bill I could almost double what I have now. But the thing with these prepaid plans is that all included minutes is strictly to digicel. That sucks because (a) I don't know the network of every number I will be calling and (b) sometimes I will definitely have to call landlines.. I type all of this to say that for me value translates differently because even with the nuff data & talk plan for $1050 I just can't do it knowing that its only digi to digi .. I would rather try flow unlimited prepaid 30 day plan.... I know everyone is all about the data but the only time I'm out of wifi is while driving to or from work.. But as someone unfamiliar with flows network I can only hope that when I port my number the service is not total crap

Quote Originally Posted by manymoods View Post
    As someone still on a digicel smart postpaid plan I ask myself everyday what is this I spend $2500 on for 1gb of data and 500mins of anywhere call.. I had no idea there were prepaid plans so customizable that for half my monthly bill I could almost double what I have now. But the thing with these prepaid plans is that all included minutes is strictly to digicel. That sucks because (a) I don't know the network of every number I will be calling and (b) sometimes I will definitely have to call landlines.. I type all of this to say that for me value translates differently because even with the nuff data & talk plan for $1050 I just can't do it knowing that its only digi to digi .. I would rather try flow unlimited prepaid 30 day plan.... I know everyone is all about the data but the only time I'm out of wifi is while driving to or from work.. But as someone unfamiliar with flows network I can only hope that when I port my number the service is not total crap
    I can say personally that if unlimited FLOW to FLOW works better if you call landlines often. For me, FLOW works out better because I do precisley that. What I'd recommend is that when you switch to FLOW, ensure that you have a phone that is Cat. 9. LTE capable i.e. can aggregate 3 LTE bands together; Band 12, Band 2 and Band 4. They're going live to 70+% of the country with LTE by month's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    I can say personally that if unlimited FLOW to FLOW works better if you call landlines often. For me, FLOW works out better because I do precisley that. What I'd recommend is that when you switch to FLOW, ensure that you have a phone that is Cat. 9. LTE capable i.e. can aggregate 3 LTE bands together; Band 12, Band 2 and Band 4. They're going live to 70+% of the country with LTE by month's end.
    I hope so, this is what is under my phone's description on gsmarena:

HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
    Blackberry Bold 9700

Quote Originally Posted by manymoods View Post
    I hope so, this is what is under my phone's description on gsmarena:

HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
    Yup! You're good. Cat 16 means you're all set. Heck, your Gigabit capable!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    What I'd recommend is that when you switch to FLOW, ensure that you have a phone that is Cat. 9. LTE capable i.e. can aggregate 3 LTE bands together; Band 12, Band 2 and Band 4. They're going live to 70+% of the country with LTE by month's end.
    What would be the limitations of a CAT6 phone if any?

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    What would be the limitations of a CAT6 phone if any?
    You'd only be able to aggregate 2 bands at a time i.e. Band 2 and Band 12 or Band 4 and Band 12 or Band 4 and Band 2. You'd be alright otherwise.

Thanks for that answer been learning a lot recently from your post on LTE.

I have seen you post test showing speeds up to 200Mbit/s on Flow's LTE. Cat6 is rated for up to 300Mbit/s, will Cat6 be able to get up to 200 on Flow only aggregating 2 Bands? What are the specific draw backs of not being able to aggregate 3 at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    Thanks for that answer been learning a lot recently from your post on LTE.

I have seen you post test showing speeds up to 200Mbit/s on Flow's LTE. Cat6 is rated for up to 300Mbit/s, will Cat6 be able to get up to 200 on Flow only aggregating 2 Bands? What are the specific draw backs of not being able to aggregate 3 at a time?
    Glad to hear! I want everyone to be as aware as possible on the benefits of LTE. As to the 200 Mbit/s speed test on FLOW, Cat. 6. is certainly able to achieve such speeds. When the network avails the user equipment (your phone) Bands 2 & 4, Cat. 6 will aggregate both bands for a maximum speed of 300 Mbit/s. Realistically, you'll top out at 280 Mbit/s given the overhead load with CA. The only thing is that you'll not be able to access Band 12 in addition to Band 2 and 4 simultaneously. Your phone will decide which is best at the time based on the given radio environment. The only perceivable drawback is that if Band 2 and 4 are engaged in an active data call (download) and/or VoLTE call, if you go into an area of diminished reception, you'll either lose connection (drop the call) or see reduced speeds. That sort of situation is kinda complex to explain without getting into deep specifics but Cat 6. should do you just fine on FLOW's LTE network.
    Last edited by Brandysull; Nov 19, 2018 at 02:40 PM.