Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow Talk Unlimited

Default Flow Talk Unlimited

Saw this on social Media ... not seeing it on any flow pages thou ???

Flow customers will be able to access unlimited calling to any network in Jamaica along with unlimited messaging using the popular social platform WhatsApp through four new attractive plans being launched by the company.

The new Flow UNLIMITED TALK combo plans offer affordable options ranging from 7 days to 30 days and bundle allocations of additional data from 350MB to 3GB for other Apps and internet browsing.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

They giving hints about it now, How you manage to get this?. I think they should have gone the route of data more. But unlimited talk across networks is great. Anyone know if Flow now using 700Mhz spectrum?. Had an interaction with a fellow Twitter user who said he was told by Flow technicians installing Network antennas in Clarendon. That Flow is now using 700mhz? Any confirmation on this would be great

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Saw this on social Media ... not seeing it on any flow pages thou ???
    It's right here: https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/support/faq/mobile
    Select 'Anywhere Talk and Data Plans' from the menu on the left.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    It's right here: https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/support/faq/mobile
    Select 'Anywhere Talk and Data Plans' from the menu on the left.
    Yes... they added the info today..

So if the plans are unlimited why they still have a Mins structure in place ???

---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    So if the plans are unlimited why they still have a Mins structure in place ???
    Fair Usage applies to cauterize any issues with customers stealing hella bandwidth.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Oct 27, 2018 at 07:33 PM. Reason: removed large pics from quote

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    They giving hints about it now, How you manage to get this?. I think they should have gone the route of data more. But unlimited talk across networks is great. Anyone know if Flow now using 700Mhz spectrum?. Had an interaction with a fellow Twitter user who said he was told by Flow technicians installing Network antennas in Clarendon. That Flow is now using 700mhz? Any confirmation on this would be great
    It's the usual Band 4 or Band 2 setup... Around December thereabout we'll see another round of light-ups and a larger speed bump. FLOW does not have 700 MHz to license from the government. What it has is GSM specturm that is wholly ineffective cost wise. What will be happening is a turndown of GSM and provisioning of LTE over 850 MHz in my estimation. In my parts, FLOW is working to turn up 20x20 PCS LTE with users complaining about no signal and/or 3G at a standstill this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    It's the usual Band 4 or Band 2 setup... Around December thereabout we'll see another round of light-ups and a larger speed bump. FLOW does not have 700 MHz to license from the government. What it has is GSM specturm that is wholly ineffective cost wise. What will be happening is a turndown of GSM and provisioning of LTE over 850 MHz in my estimation. In my parts, FLOW is working to turn up 20x20 PCS LTE with users complaining about no signal and/or 3G at a standstill this morning.
    Thanks much for this clarification, I too doubted that the Technician was correct. Hoping that Flow will get some low band spectrum for deep rural coverage. And improvements to voice services.

Based on the app it doesn't look like flow unlimited is really unlimited talk. Its showing 800 anywhere minutes which essentially is a play on the unlimited thing.

Idk why they do these stuff
    Plus why do they have to be so MEAN. 350 mbs?

Like really?

People still talking about megabytes of data in 2018.

I streamed a 1080p YouTube and the megabytes finished before the video even finished.

1 video.

Secondly this company just dont believe Jamaicans deserve anything good. They really mean and that's my honest opinion. Unlimited WhatsApp text is a big joke. Text is just BYTES not even megabytes but bits or bytes. The amount of data sending text via WhatsApp uses is so small that better they never include that. Yet again these old folks need to leave management.

The same old feet who thought merging would make the company stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Based on the app it doesn't look like flow unlimited is really unlimited talk. Its showing 800 anywhere minutes which essentially is a play on the unlimited thing.

Idk why they do these stuff
    Plus why do they have to be so MEAN. 350 mbs?

Like really?

People still talking about megabytes of data in 2018.

I streamed a 1080p YouTube and the megabytes finished before the video even finished.

1 video.

Secondly this company just dont believe Jamaicans deserve anything good. They really mean and that's my honest opinion. Unlimited WhatsApp text is a big joke. Text is just BYTES not even megabytes but bits or bytes. The amount of data sending text via WhatsApp uses is so small that better they never include that. Yet again these old folks need to leave management.

The same old feet who thought merging would make the company stronger.
    Is it that you Love Flow, and really want to use their Mobile services. But disappointed in their plans and customer service like me? I agree with you though, Flow doesn't make use of their massive bandwidth. I had a situation in deep rural St Elizabeth, where we needed to call our driver to pick us up. And Flows mobile service was non existent, I mean not even 1 bar of signal to make a call. Total dead zone, however my sisters Digicel phone was excellent. Mind you it was slow 3G speeds at 3Mbps but we were able to make calls and got in touch with out transport, to get out of the bushes, the fact that we had a data connection in this isolated area was awesome. This made me realize and appreciate Digicel more, they may not be the fastest in data speeds and capacity. But they are sure way more reliable and have extensive coverage in the deep rural areas of Jamaica, where Flow has zero signal in all of these areas.

Flows LTE is a excellent work of thinking and implementation, Digicel doesn't come close to LTE from Flow. Its sad really, as I truly believed that Digicel should have been the leader in LTE in Jamaica and the Region. Digicel changed Jamaica for the better, when they came here in 2001. What really happened to them now, is beyond me. But I do hope they can rebound and catch up to Flow in the LTE area. I love Digicel and hope that they will pull through.
    Last edited by Nathan77791; Oct 27, 2018 at 12:07 AM.