Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
FLOW's market direction is being directed by forces outside of Jamaica; Panama, Miami and Denver. For example, the new mobile plans align with plans the company's vision & offerings in Panama & other markets. Additionally, Barbados & Panama offer the same broadband speed tiers and now that FLOW has announced that they're doing the preliminary work for upgrades on their broadband/fixed product (preceeded by them stocking 32x8 capable D3 and 2x2 D3.1 modems; to deploy at scale), the network is set for a huge speed boost & reliability upgrade. Additionally, the problem of stability needs to be localized to certain areas as this is not the modal experience of all subscribers on the network.
Part of the issue is lack of QoS - or lack of configuration - on their network. Their implementation of HFC versus FTTN as well doesn't help. Most of the areas with major speed/latency issues happens to be densely populated areas with persons using file-sharing applications. Statistically that's what it's been. Persons leeching on torrents suck up all the available bandwidth - because they don't properly implement the limits per user.

Before the buyout I know for a fact that FLOW stayed within 80% of the overall distance and subscribers per node. I don't know what they're doing now. I'm also fully aware that you could be associated with another node that's outside of your area and possibly have better service. Just because of the saturation and bandwidth usage on the other node. BUT - FLOW is not going to move you to another node regardless of how much cussing you do. What they're more likely to do is throw a static IP at the problem since they route those differently.

While I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired with FLOW, I truly hope they get their things together and move the technology forward. Above all though, I don't want them to move the technology forward - I want them to fix and properly implement what they have existing.