Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cable vs Fibre

Support made some "adjustments" and recommended another test.
    Bandwidth Is now working as expected. Thank you all for you input.

Has been very helpful.

Good thing I checked the older posts before creating a duplicate.
    To the point I was curious if anybody had or have both flow rock/essential(25Mbps) and play 25(50Mbps) how they differ interms of consistent connectivity, throttling and any other details.
    Reasons for my inquiry is mainly due to the fact that I am currently uaing Flow Rave and since Nov 2018 service has been horrendous constant disconnection with or w/o use and massive throttling. I went to a flow store and called customer care and is the same response no idea what is going on. I assumed initially it was due to the road work being done on Hagley Park but I spoke with several community members and everyone says it seems to be working as usual and even spoke so some flow technician/engineer doing work on road as weel and most they told me it was realign the cable so I am a bit befuddled so I was looking to press for a different provider if thos continues, I did it when I was using C&W adsl to flow so it seems like a good time to jump again due to bad service for me at least.
    Last edited by Fortis_Techie; Mar 12, 2019 at 12:41 AM.
    Gaming Rig:CM HAF 912|Core i5-3570k|8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz|Asrock z77 Extreme4|MSI GTX 760 OC 4GB DDR5|1TB WD Bluex2+60GB Corsair Force 3 SSD|CM EXtreme2 725w

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis_Techie View Post
    Good thing I checked the older posts before creating a duplicate.
    To the point I was curious if anybody had or have both flow rock/essential(25Mbps) and play 25(50Mbps) how they differ interms of consistent connectivity, throttling and any other details....
    I had the 50Mbps package for a short while before downgrade to 25Mbps. Both packages vary in bandwidth consistency but that is to be expected, Digi uptime is better and their internet connection will often work during power outages (assuming router is on backup). Power consumption is also better: Digi 5v vs Flow 12v, lasts longer on backup.

Though I found the downgrade necessary, I am pleased with the decision to change.

Got a notification from Digicel today that they'll be defaulting their 25/Mbps plan to 50/Mbps but to be honest if youd been with them from the beggining that was already the case anyway so no big whoop, but i decided to do a speed test and was getting some insane numbers such as 600/Mbps, and thinking that couldnt be right, so i also just loaded up steam and tried to download some large files and getting close to 50 megabytes a second anyone else experiencing this?

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8305400255.png

https://imgur.com/4IARtg4

When they first started to upgrade the 25Mb package to 50 i was getting over 100Mb for a few days so go download some games or series while it lasts lol.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk, Ryzen 7 1700 (3.8ghz), Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink, MSI gtx 1070, Corsair 16gb DDR4 (3000Mhz), Samsung 960 evo 250gb nvme, 1.5tb HDD