Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple Hits US$1 Trillion in Value

Default Apple Hits US$1 Trillion in Value

Big up Apple.. and big up Steve for having such crazy vision.

Apple just became the first American public company to cross US$1 trillion in value.

The iPhone maker achieved that big number today when the stock passed US$207.04 a share. Its new all-time high is US$207.05. Apple is now up more than 20% this year.

Even though some think Apple needs a new product to keep sales and profits booming, Apple has rallied past the trillion level thanks to solid sales of the iPhone 8 and X.
    https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/02/inv...lue/index.html
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Big up Apple.. and big up Steve for having such crazy vision.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/08/02/inv...lue/index.html
    Good on them, I still can't believe with the success and dominance of Android. Apple has managed to out perform all of them, including the mighty Samsung. Which by the way has more than one subsidiary. Samsung makes all major appliances and electronics, yet not even they come close to Apple in terms of Market and asset capitalization. Still love Android though, always will.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Good on them, I still can't believe with the success and dominance of Android. Apple has managed to out perform all of them, including the mighty Samsung. Which by the way has more than one subsidiary. Samsung makes all major appliances and electronics, yet not even they come close to Apple in terms of Market and asset capitalization. Still love Android though, always will.
    That's what happen's when you make a premium product...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Yeah, and an way overpriced one too at that. Besides since Jobs died. Apple felt back on innovation. Android had many premium features way before Apple ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Apple holds 19% of smartphone marketshare but takes nearly 90% of the profits in that market. Pretty mind blowing

With all the hardware problem they have had recently I would not call their products premium. Apple's "premium product" lure was has earned a decade ago.
    I attribute much of their recent success to their software ecosystem. Tho Siri needs some serious work to catch Google and Amazon's smart assistants.

1 Trillion milestone is an impressive achievement but I dislike the companies attitude to major hardware issues and the fight over the right to repair. I also dislike many or their ardent fans that have cultish like attitude and behaviour to the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    Apple holds 19% of smartphone marketshare but takes nearly 90% of the profits in that market. Pretty mind blowing

With all the hardware problem they have had recently I would not call their products premium. Apple's "premium product" lure was has earned a decade ago.
    I attribute much of their recent success to their software ecosystem. Tho Siri needs some serious work to catch Google and Amazon's smart assistants.

1 Trillion milestone is an impressive achievement but I dislike the companies attitude to major hardware issues and the fight over the right to repair. I also dislike many or their ardent fans that have cultish like attitude and behaviour to the brand.
    Realistically Apple's hardware issues pale in comparison to others.. e.g.. Samsung Note 7 >_<

And when I say premium device I mainly mean in the look and feel of the device.. No Apple product has ever felt cheap... The S9 for Samsung is their first device that you can truly say feels premium.

Pale in Comparison??

1. Antenna Gate "You're Holding it Wrong!!!"
    2. Bent Gate. Apple tested and documented how easily the iPhone 6 would bend before putting it on the market but kept that info secret
    3. Touch Disease caused by flex on the logic board
    4. Touch IC in iPhone 6 had no underfill making the touchscreen vulnerable to failure just by being banged around in a pocket or a slight drop
    5. iPhone 7 had baseband issues and audio IC issues

How about the butterfly keyboard on the new Mac Pro that would stop working if you look at it the wrong way? Something which caused a class action lawsuit

I was aiming to buy an iMac Pro for my iOS app development work but changed my mind after witnessing two very popular YouTubers having problems fixing their broken computers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG_NRcy5mxU Apple included cheap crappy zinc screws for a VESA mount on a $5,000 USD machine over stainless steel screws. And refused to fix a broken iMac Pro becuase of their crappy right to repair farse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwEInwvFbwk. God help you if you need a screen replaced or you Apple phone/laptop/computer, you will be without a device for weeks. Samsung have a site you can purcahse any peice of harwarde to fix your devices

I expect premium products to be durable not just feel premium. Saying Samsung or whoever have hardware issues too does not make any of it OK

The trillion mark really just shows the straggle hold that apple has on its platform. Its capitalism at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    Pale in Comparison??

1. Antenna Gate "You're Holding it Wrong!!!"
    2. Bent Gate. Apple tested and documented how easily the iPhone 6 would bend before putting it on the market but kept that info secret
    3. Touch Disease caused by flex on the logic board
    4. Touch IC in iPhone 6 had no underfill making the touchscreen vulnerable to failure just by being banged around in a pocket or a slight drop
    5. iPhone 7 had baseband issues and audio IC issues

How about the butterfly keyboard on the new Mac Pro that would stop working if you look at it the wrong way? Something which caused a class action lawsuit
    But you have to understand.. none of those issues caused Apple to lose any real market value.. Apple addressed all those issues and in time grew even bigger. Apple's biggest asset is all its loyal users.

If Samsung wasn't such a big company with so many different products to Note 7 Exploding issue could have sent them packing.

And I agree Apple has it's problems, but due to its large user base the problems only affect a small % of users.. so once the bulk of users are ok Apple will always prevail.
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Aug 3, 2018 at 07:58 AM.

Apple addressed all those issues and in time grew even bigger.
    Except they didn't! To fix the touch disease problem they were charging $349 to replace the affected parts with the same hardware that caused the issue. After much media backlash and how widespread the problem was they reduced it to $149. To fix the butterfly key issue they were charging $200 for a new keybord but made it free after the problem was widespread and they replaced the keyboard with the same faulty keyboard. The real fix was coercing everyone to buy new hardware. OH just buy this iPhone 8 and all your problem goes away!

At least Samsung recalled their exploding phones and gave everyone a full refund. Anyways this is an Apple thread not a Samsung vs Apple issue. When you see an abusive relationship you don't justify it by saying the neighbour has an abusive relatioship too.

Apple's biggest asset is all its loyal users.
    Yes, and it is that very reason they continue to act the way they do, by refusing to admit fault in their designs and hardware and convince their users that whatever problems they are having is their fault and its only affecting them. By forcing their user that live miles away from an Apple care center to wait weeks to mail their device in for a simple fix becuase they want 100% control over the Apple device repair market instead of working with repair parthners. Much of their loyal users digital lives are hooked to the Apple ecosystem, I have personally seen people have serious issues with their Apple devices but then when you suggest to stop buying their products they say "But my iChat and my facetime. what will I do without them?"

Apple was an innovative company now they are very good at one thing only. Extracting money from their loyal fans