Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Access Paypal Funds in Jamaica 2018

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    Nope! At least not from Jamaica. When you try to do that it assumes you are American and asks for American bank details.
    LMFAO Why am I not surprised.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Default I think I might've cracked getting paid directly to Jamaican accounts from Paypal

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_ View Post
    In 2018 are there really no solution to withdrawing paypal funds in Jamaica....Guys let me know what's your opinion on this.
    Xoom allows you to receive payments from Int'l entities, however it doesn't allow you to withdraw directly from your paypal balance.

I cracked it by accident!

I studied in Trinidad for a couple years and that's when I opened a paypal account registered to Trinidad. I was able to connect my bank card there and get funds cleared a little less than 24 hours.

It's when I came to Jamaica and also opened a Jamaican paypal account I realized that there was a restriction. When I called paypal, I found out that it was a country restriction. Please note that there is also a country restriction for Trinidad (If you receive funds from the US directly to a Trini paypal account, it takes 30 days to clear - This is not the case with a Jamaican paypal account, as it clears immediately).

So here's what I did:

I kept my Trinidad account open, and connected my Jamaican scotia card there. It worked!

I then did peer to peer paypal transfer from money I made in my Jamaican account and transferred to my Trinidadian account. After a few hours, you will be able to confirm payment in the sending account (Jamaican) and it will become available in the recipient account (Trinidad).

This method enables you to get paid via paypal directly over the net to your bank account (I have only attached a Scotia card to my Trini account).

So it seems having a Jamaican and a Trini account works together in solving the limitations of both accounts individually.

Stephen.

I am curious, what is the specific reason why Jamaica is not on the authorized list to withdraw Paypal funds but our neighbor Trinidad is? I saw the same thing with other services from other providers.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    I am curious, what is the specific reason why Jamaica is not on the authorized list to withdraw Paypal funds but our neighbor Trinidad is? I saw the same thing with other services from other providers.
    It might also be on our local banking side. Speaking to them on the phone they mention it's just a country restriction. Not sure. The fact is we need a digital payment processing system and Jamaica is way behind. A web app launched in Trinidad called WipayCaribbean.com tries to solve that problem but they are too slow, the processes are not automated as yet.
    Engineer by Profession
    Wordpress Site Designer
    No Code Maker

Humbird eCash is a new online service that converts your PayPal funds (USD) to Jamaican dollars, then deposits it to your Jamaican bank account. Learn more: www.humbirdecash.com

Quote Originally Posted by Humbird eCash View Post
    Humbird eCash is a new online service that converts your PayPal funds (USD) to Jamaican dollars, then deposits it to your Jamaican bank account. Learn more: www.humbirdecash.com
    Great page. All the best. This service will add value to local digital content creators who need to get their funds from paypal.
    Engineer by Profession
    Wordpress Site Designer
    No Code Maker