Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Access Paypal Funds in Jamaica 2018

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0

    Post Access Paypal Funds in Jamaica 2018

    In 2018 are there really no solution to withdrawing paypal funds in Jamaica....Guys let me know what's your opinion on this.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,318
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel_ View Post
    In 2018 are there really no solution to withdrawing paypal funds in Jamaica....Guys let me know what's your opinion on this.
    With the growth in crypto currencies (different discussion) and other e-monies, local banks need to get with it and start supporting PayPal, a long established entity. I'm guessing they're afraid of fraud.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    With the growth in crypto currencies (different discussion) and other e-monies, local banks need to get with it and start supporting PayPal, a long established entity. I'm guessing they're afraid of fraud.
    You mean the same Jamaican banks that are unwilling to offer cobranded Visa or MasterCard debit card with the EMV standard built in for Chip & PIN and Contactless with card and Phone (through bimetric verification). Jamaican banks spend more money on dinners in corporate Jamaica than they do on investing in Technology (everyone except FirstCaribbean... they're cool). SO many ways to militate against fraud and they still think Jamaicans should be using Magnetic Stripe cards for debit in 2018? In such a fraud prone country as Jamaica? Stupidity!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,318
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    You mean the same Jamaican banks that are unwilling to offer cobranded Visa or MasterCard debit card with the EMV standard built in for Chip & PIN and Contactless with card and Phone (through bimetric verification). Jamaican banks spend more money on dinners in corporate Jamaica than they do on investing in Technology (everyone except FirstCaribbean... they're cool). SO many ways to militate against fraud and they still think Jamaicans should be using Magnetic Stripe cards for debit in 2018? In such a fraud prone country as Jamaica? Stupidity!
    Yeah, those same dinosaurs. I forgot to mention that their business model is to lower operating costs as much as possible while maximizing revenue. Yes, this is a typical business model, no problem with that, but ... when you offer poor service and archaic products while ripping off your customers with high fees and rates at every opportunity, it's not good.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    So the paypal master-card doesn't work in Jamaica? I know you can use paypal to purchase digicel credit online but haven't seen any other local company that facilitates that.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk, Ryzen 7 1700 (3.8ghz), Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink, MSI gtx 1070, Corsair 16gb DDR4 (3000Mhz), Samsung 960 evo 250gb nvme, 1.5tb HDD

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yeah, those same dinosaurs. I forgot to mention that their business model is to lower operating costs as much as possible while maximizing revenue. Yes, this is a typical business model, no problem with that, but ... when you offer poor service and archaic products while ripping off your customers with high fees and rates at every opportunity, it's not good.
    They are very much running on low operational costs but I think it has become an issue for them as now FinTech is becoming too much of a force that they can't ignore it any longer. Scotiabank Jamaica is constantly incurring losses and the only banks making money are NCB (which an even worse offender) and FCIB (which again, is the only bank in Jamaica that offers products with parity in banks in other markets like the US and Canada).

    Until our banks realize that Jamaicans have grown weary of being robbed and pillaged with no service after the fact will we see this tide shift. I personally use Scotiabank but am currently migrating over to FCIB with their strong Digital Banking solutions and their unmatched debit and credit credit cards; especially because I use my card exclusively; here and abroad.

    Sick and tired of the banking industry in Jamaica.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I guess with so many drawbacks in tech and a lot more stuff pertaining to quality of life here it really sucks to live in Jamaica especially in 2018.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel_ View Post
    I guess with so many drawbacks in tech and a lot more stuff pertaining to quality of life here it really sucks to live in Jamaica especially in 2018.
    Indeed! It seems as if no one with the power to change it is intent on doing so... more of the same old, same old.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,235
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel_ View Post
    In 2018 are there really no solution to withdrawing paypal funds in Jamaica....Guys let me know what's your opinion on this.
    I think someone discussed a way to do it but it seemed tedious but the admin will have to search for that thread.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel_ View Post
    In 2018 are there really no solution to withdrawing paypal funds in Jamaica....Guys let me know what's your opinion on this.
    If you have access to a US bank account then you can add it to paypal, BUT you will have to call them and tell them that you want to add one. They will then perform some security checks and send a security code to the phone number you signed up with while on the phone with them.

    When you provide that security code, they will lift the limitations and then you can go ahead and add the bank account

    If you are not an American and want a bank account, you can get one at Payoneer but you will have to get the Payoneer account verified. Payoneer will also send you a Mastercard so you can withdraw anywhere using that card.

    Living proof as i have been using it for a while now.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •