Thread: How to stop Snapchat using my location?

Question How to stop Snapchat using my location?

How to stop Snapchat using my location on the Google/Snapchat I forbid it from the settings and yet again I appear on the map. Please help me out!

Hi. You need to go into the settings area for your phone and disable the permission for location services specific to that app. So it would be "SETTINGS/APPS/SNAPCHAT/PERMISSIONS/LOCATION" or something to that effect. Knowing the type of phone or OS version may help a bit.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by SamPossible View Post
    How to stop Snapchat using my location on the Google/Snapchat I forbid it from the settings and yet again I appear on the map. Please help me out!
    You need to go into ghost mode. In the app, tap your bitmoji/profile pic, tap the cog (settings) top right, under Who Can, tap on See My Location

Or just stop using the app altogether

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Or just stop using the app altogether
    DWL, That’s not always a solution. It’s an easy setting to make within the app.

There are also third party firewall and permission apps that may help. Some examples below.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...anjia.firewall

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...changelocation
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".