Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Which Network is the best Flow or Digicel

Alls I can tell you, no matter where you go I get Digi LTE, speeds vary... not sure how Flow's coverage setup, but me all over inna some remote places and once have signal data is LTE.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Alls I can tell you, no matter where you go I get Digi LTE, speeds vary... not sure how Flow's coverage setup, but me all over inna some remote places and once have signal data is LTE.
    Wish I could same the same about my experience with Digicel. I'm in Kingston, on Spanish Town Road Kingston 11 area to be exact. Right near, five minutes walk to Three Miles, St Andrew. We've never had LTE coverage from Digicel, never. 3G speeds are slow, but ok at times. Signal reception in the area is horrible, and during the daytime. Edge is the most we get during heavy traffic hours. 3G speeds get better and reliable after peak hours. But what's the lowest and highest speeds you have gotten from Digicel LTE. And would you recommend Digicel to others?

Quote Originally Posted by thedean0375 View Post
    Hey Guys

I'll be on vacation in Jamaica soon. And will be spending most of my time between Ocho Rios and Port Antonio. Which carrier has the best LTE service in these areas.
    For the best LTE experience, I would recommend Flow. Flow has Jamaica's fastest LTE network, tested and proven. Digicel has LTE as well, but their coverage isn't widespread in all areas. And Digicel has limited capacity, which results in slow speeds and dropped data. Digicel is however improving on their Network. But very slowly, Kingston and St Andrew is currently in a mess, as it relates to Digicel LTE and 3G coverage. LTE doesn't work or is unavailable in popular hotspots such as Half way Tree, New Kingston, Downtown Kingston and up Stony Hill. For Ocho Rios, Flow has the fastest LTE speeds and coverage. Digicel has great coverage as well, but Flow is King there, for now at least. Port Antonio doesn't have LTE coverage as yet, both Networks are in the process of deploying LTE in Portland and Digicel has given active commitment to cover all of Portland and St Thomas with LTE. So whichever Network you decide to go with, you should have a good experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Wish I could same the same about my experience with Digicel. I'm in Kingston, on Spanish Town Road Kingston 11 area to be exact. Right near, five minutes walk to Three Miles, St Andrew. We've never had LTE coverage from Digicel, never. 3G speeds are slow, but ok at times. Signal reception in the area is horrible, and during the daytime. Edge is the most we get during heavy traffic hours. 3G speeds get better and reliable after peak hours. But what's the lowest and highest speeds you have gotten from Digicel LTE. And would you recommend Digicel to others?
    Speeds i get range from 20mbps to 80mbps... Yes I would recommend Digicel.... That's a no brainier...

I'm not sure why you having issues, Maybe Digicel Cap your data because they know your a huge fan of Flow lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Thanks guy's.i really appreciate the feedback.i always use Digicel when i am home but I'll definitely give Flow a shot this time around. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9 so I know I will have all the correct LTE bands. Does anyone know if Flow have a store at MBJ.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Speeds i get range from 20mbps to 80mbps... Yes I would recommend Digicel.... That's a no brainier...

I'm not sure why you having issues, Maybe Digicel Cap your data because they know your a huge fan of Flow lol
    LOL, it look suh. Anyway those speeds aren't bad at all. I saw a video with Digicel Jamaica CEO, saying Kingston will be getting a massive LTE speed boost and upgrade over the comming months, So salvation is near.

Thanks guy's.i really appreciate the feedback.i always use Digicel when i am home but I'll definitely give Flow a shot this time around. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9 so I know I will have all the correct LTE bands. Does anyone know if Flow have a store at MBJ.
    No problem, I'm not sure if Flow has a outlet at MBJ airport. But they should, as most international roamers use Flow. There is a major Flow store at Fairview, so you can go there if there isn't a outlet at MBJ. You're phone is supported, as it uses Bands 2, 4, 12 and 17. All the best, and Enjoy you're vacation, and visit to Jamaica.

Cheaper when you get there, but you could be set up before arrival if you link below.

https://www.mrsimcard.com/caribbean/s-limejam.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    No problem, I'm not sure if Flow has a outlet at MBJ airport. But they should, as most international roamers use Flow. There is a major Flow store at Fairview, so you can go there if there isn't a outlet at MBJ. You're phone is supported, as it uses Bands 2, 4, 12 and 17. All the best, and Enjoy you're vacation, and visit to Jamaica.
    It's just 2, 4, 12 according to FLOW... apparently the Band 17 was an error on their part. Nonetheless, his S9 should work flawlessly on LTE Advanced.

FLOW doesn't have an outlet at MBJ... yet ;D (stay tuned).

Just came back from my vacation. I had and awesome time. I justed wanted to give my feedback on the mobile experience using Flow. The network was rock solid. I had LTE service everywhere I went on the north coast. In Ocho Rios the network is a beast. I would easily get 120mbps on speetest. I did a few Root metrics speed test which you can find on the site. While at home in towers isle's. The network would camp on band 12, even though they have band 2 and 4 running. I did notice that the network in that area was not configured for Carrier aggregation. From Ocho Rios to Port Antonio coverage was strictly band 12 which is only 5mhz. In the town of Port Antonio they have all 3 bands aggregated 5mhz band 12, 20 MHz band 2 and 20 MHz band 4. I was at Ann Marie Vaz birthday bash and with 8000 people in attendance. I was easily getting 140mhps. I did a few Root metrics test at that event. Overall I was impressed by the network. My only issue was the data allotment. The most you can get is 4.5gbs. Coming from the USA were I easily use 120gb to 150gb per month. It was a struggle saving data. The first thing I would tell anyone using the network is to turn off Google photos sync over cell network. My first $400 in credit was eaten away from. Google photos. They offer gig up which gives you 1gb for $100 for 24hrs which was fine. But I would rather pay $15k to 30k for unlimited data and not have to worry about it.