Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Network is the best Flow or Digicel

Could be... I've been seeing that my device is refusing to switchdown to 3G as of recent and only does so after 2 or so seconds of no connection success over LTE. Do I think this is VoLTE? I'm not sure but it will certainly need Band 5 to make VoLTE ubiquitous. As for Carrier Agreggation, I'll have to see evidence of it in Kingston in order to certify that is more than anecdotal.

FLOW Lyf is dead imo... "Gig Up" will move from a separate affair to the mainstay. C&W has been pushing combo plans in every single market and Jamaica is not exception. Gig Up is far superior than FLOW Lyf not because of Data allowance but also because of the access we have to our data buckets while roaming in other FLOW countries as well as unlimited rollover (which was recently fixed, thanks FLOW). FLOW Lyf will remain for tablets and other devices on Prepaid SIMs until they deploy Multi-SIM support over the core network for eSIMs and other connected deivces.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Could be... I've been seeing that my device is refusing to switchdown to 3G as of recent and only does so after 2 or so seconds of no connection success over LTE. Do I think this is VoLTE? I'm not sure but it will certainly need Band 5 to make VoLTE ubiquitous. As for Carrier Agreggation, I'll have to see evidence of it in Kingston in order to certify that is more than anecdotal.

FLOW Lyf is dead imo... "Gig Up" will move from a separate affair to the mainstay. C&W has been pushing combo plans in every single market and Jamaica is not exception. Gig Up is far superior than FLOW Lyf not because of Data allowance but also because of the access we have to our data buckets while roaming in other FLOW countries as well as unlimited rollover (which was recently fixed, thanks FLOW). FLOW Lyf will remain for tablets and other devices on Prepaid SIMs until they deploy Multi-SIM support over the core network for eSIMs and other connected deivces.
    They need to give us a plan catering for Streaming for video and games, Flow has massive capacity to provide the bandwidth. So its not as if they don't have the infrastructure to support streaming unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post

I welcome eSim.. I've been reading about it for a while with Project Fi
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    I welcome eSim.. I've been reading about it for a while with Project Fi
    I think eSIMs are the way forward... Our carrier are just beginning to adopt current trends and keep up with demand. Admittedly, most of those trends are as a result of LTE so, we have a world of possibilities opening up to us pretty soon!

I've said it already and will say it again....FLOW is mean. They dont give away anything free. These mean ppl think the network should have no one on it. That's why they lost 16k customer on mobile while digi gained 63k based on the recent telecoms report. Investing all these monies into advance network yet you cant win over subscribers. That makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    I've said it already and will say it again....FLOW is mean. They dont give away anything free. These mean ppl think the network should have no one on it. That's why they lost 16k customer on mobile while digi gained 63k based on the recent telecoms report. Investing all these monies into advance network yet you cant win over subscribers. That makes no sense.
    Flow lost mobile customers?. I thought it was fixed services customers they lost. Anyway they need to make it easier to join the Network. And offer unlimited data combo plans.

Flow Gig Up bundles are currently better than their postpaid offers when I do the math. However I still Beleive they can do better with pricing... I have the 14 day plan and within a week the mins are nearly finish and also the data is less then 400MB and I use WiFi at work and also at Home.

I beleive that it's possible that the data allocations aren't being calualated right. As where I normally am... I don't get LTE speed nor do I get a constant signal for 3G. Always flutatue 1-2 bar or no service.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    Flow Gig Up bundles are currently better than their postpaid offers when I do the math. However I still Beleive they can do better with pricing... I have the 14 day plan and within a week the mins are nearly finish and also the data is less then 400MB and I use WiFi at work and also at Home.

I beleive that it's possible that the data allocations aren't being calualated right. As where I normally am... I don't get LTE speed nor do I get a constant signal for 3G. Always flutatue 1-2 bar or no service.
    14 Day Gig-Up lasts me a very VERY long time (in terms of texts and minutes). Currently, I've been sufficing on WiFi and I've accrued up to 27 Gigs of Data. Moreover, On LTE it goes pretty fast which means I have to still be a bit cautious with my usage sometimes. Don't worry about LTE though... it's likely that you'll be covered by year end.

Hey Guys

I'll be on vacation in Jamaica soon. And will be spending most of my time between Ocho Rios and Port Antonio. Which carrier has the best LTE service in these areas.

Quote Originally Posted by thedean0375 View Post
    Hey Guys

I'll be on vacation in Jamaica soon. And will be spending most of my time between Ocho Rios and Port Antonio. Which carrier has the best LTE service in these areas.
    Excellent! Your experience will vary... as to LTE in Ocho Rios, FLOW is king. FLOW offers Band 2 and Band 4 in Ocho Rios with a maximum of up 300 Mbit/s. Their LTE is especially good around the resorts and Greater Ocho Rios (to include Port Maria). If you land at KIN or MBJ, your LTE experience with them will be great too.

As to Port Antonio, Digicel may be a better bet. FLOW is in an active deployment phase in that side of island. If it does have LTE from FLOW, it will likely be Band 2 or Band 12 (700 MHz). Digicel uses Band 17 and 4 so, if they do have LTE coverage in Port Antonio, it'll be fast enough (15-30 Mbit/s) and contiguous.

Another point to consider is coverage along the stretch from KIN/MBJ to Ocho Rios. Digicel & FLOW are neck and neck there in terms of reach. FLOW does however use Band 2, 4 and 12 along the stretch(es) as opposed to Band 17 only from Digicel. Nonetheless, whichever network you choose, you should have a good experience. They've come a LONG way!

Enjoy your vacation!