Thread: Will the CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD UPS work in Jamaica?

Default Will the CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD UPS work in Jamaica?

I recently bought a CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD UPS and have been having problems with getting it to turn on. When I do the power on sequence, it comes on then turns back off.

So I contacted their support and they are telling me it won't work because I am in Jamaica with 50Hz power (I thought we were 60Hz) and the unit only supports 60Hz power. Can someone here confirm this, as I have found an old thread here where a member purchased one.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Research before buying pawdy... but 60 HZ should work... read the documentation on it and see if it could be something else.
    cell: 807-4523| email: mysonchug@yahoo.com | PM Me

I've always had bad luck with 60Hz UPS's - not one of them worked with Jamaica's 50Hz system and two of the four are Cyberpower, mainly because I didn't do enough research on my purchase. I spoke to an electrician and he said they are basically useless in Jamaica. Your best bet would be to check APC, TrppLite and Forza.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

We bought some I think maybe 3 small ones like yours and a larger capacity one and if i'm not mistaken the larger one worked but the smaller ones didn't, was a few years back but we came to the same frequency conclusion. I think i've heard of Forza and APC working here like Ramesh said
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Guys have spent the last 4 days researching the specs of every model from Cyberpower, Tripplite and APC.

I never knew UPSes were so complicated!
    I've even recently found out that my Seasonic power supply has "active PFC" and this feature does not work well with the PWM sine wave output of most UPSes. So I need a UPS that supplies a pure sine wave current when on battery, those are usually more expensive.

I still can't find any.
    1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 (OC'd.) / Intel P4 (478) Motherboard / 800MHz DDR / 256 Mb DDR RAM / 40GB Seagate / RIVA TNT2 Pro 32MB / 24X12X24 Sony CDRW+ / 18" View Sonic CRT / Windows ME Yes it will play Doom... i plan on trying Crysis 3 one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    Guys have spent the last 4 days researching the specs of every model from Cyberpower, Tripplite and APC.

I never knew UPSes were so complicated!
    I've even recently found out that my Seasonic power supply has "active PFC" and this feature does not work well with the PWM sine wave output of most UPSes. So I need a UPS that supplies a pure sine wave current when on battery, those are usually more expensive.

I still can't find any.
    Most power supplies (at least the quality ones) come with active PFC, so you will run into that issue very often. That said, CyberPower does offer Pure Sine wave UPSes, they tend to go on sale at Newegg.

https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/pr.../pfc-sinewave/

In regards to the frequency, they do offer UPSs which support 50hz input+output (some run 40hz-70hz) + Pure Sin wave. These are slightly more expensive but as said before tend to go on sale regularly.

https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/pr.../or1000pfclcd/

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    Most power supplies (at least the quality ones) come with active PFC, so you will run into that issue very often. That said, CyberPower does offer Pure Sine wave UPSes, they tend to go on sale at Newegg.

https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/pr.../pfc-sinewave/

In regards to the frequency, they do offer UPSs which support 50hz input+output (some run 40hz-70hz) + Pure Sin wave. These are slightly more expensive but as said before tend to go on sale regularly.

https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/pr.../or1000pfclcd/
    I am going to go ahead and buy this unit. Thanks for the suggestion.