Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Flow evo bundles

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Waiting for Flow to double all these speeds. <_<
    Not until the market and competition force them to. Look at Digicel bundles, a similar package to Flow's blaze bundle comes in at $11,0999. Tho Digicel's upload speed is superior (Hence why Flow omit theirs from thier bundles page). I beleive once Flow upgrade their equipment and customer modems they will likely give more upload speeds but I wouldn't hold my breath for a bump in speeds on these bundles just get

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    Not until the market and competition force them to. Look at Digicel bundles, a similar package to Flow's blaze bundle comes in at $11,0999. Tho Digicel's upload speed is superior (Hence why Flow omit theirs from thier bundles page). I beleive once Flow upgrade their equipment and customer modems they will likely give more upload speeds but I wouldn't hold my breath for a bump in speeds on these bundles just get
    from what i see, the modem they have out can carry way more upload that what they r giving, they dont need to change the modems..
    there is a 200+mb package and guess what crappy 10mb upload. which doesn't make any sense..
    Flow need to have customize-able package/upload speed or match or out do digicel on both download and upload speed.

Quote Originally Posted by TechGT View Post
    from what i see, the modem they have out can carry way more upload that what they r giving, they dont need to change the modems..
    there is a 200+mb package and guess what crappy 10mb upload. which doesn't make any sense..
    Flow need to have customize-able package/upload speed or match or out do digicel on both download and upload speed.
    Flow is still using DOCSIS 3.0 equipment with a maximum upstream shared capacity of 200 Mbit/s. The downstream capacity is 6 times the upstream. This is the reason most cable internet operators can't offer much upload speed as it takes only a few customers maxing their upstream allowance to congest the node their on.

They need to move to DOCSIS 3.1 full duplex to comfortable offer symmetrical upload and download speeds. If and when they will do that, I have not a clue. Digicel does not have this problem with fiber to the home. I think we will eventually see better upload speeds from Flow. Don't hold your breath tho

Better Uploads will come and some of their equipment is Docsis 3.1. Their focus right now is the LTE build out and customer take up on Mobile. However, they will quickly switch to the fixed network.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

I think Flow got until 2020 when the broadband market in Jamaica will change again see here. Digicel and Flow for that matter will have access to a new submarine communications cable with tremendous capacity. Since Digicel will no longer have to suck on C&W network when that cable comes online, we will see a new round of internet speeds and bundles. Flow should position itself to compete by upgrading to the latest DOCSIS specification.

Hopefully, the top tier bundles will have gigabit-speed symmetric connections. But it won't be cheap
    Last edited by leoandru; Jul 8, 2018 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    Better Uploads will come and some of their equipment is Docsis 3.1. Their focus right now is the LTE build out and customer take up on Mobile. However, they will quickly switch to the fixed network.
    Indeed. Broadband is slated for a whole host of investments... it was the previous cycle of investments that got us to this point and, after 2018, when FLOW's LTE network reaches 87% population coverage, coverage growth will slow as they begin focus on streghtening and maintaining their speed advantage in LTE (a core focus and mandate at Liberty Latin America) with LTE Advanced and Pre-5G technologies. What will also take place is added focus on broadband quality, capacity and mean service level. Mobile retention & satisfaction is far more than their Fixed services. For this reason, they have engaged numerous vendors for the purpose of getting internet speeds & delivery to level or close to the level of mobile.

Unless I'm mistaken, the "Mercury Modem" or "Connect Box" is a DOCSIS 3.0 device. Unless they have others in the field that are 3.1 that I'm unaware of.

Connect-Box device information
    The information below shows the current status of this Connect-Box.

Standard specification compliant : DOCSIS 3.0
    Hardware version : 10
    Software version : 9.1.116AT
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, the "Mercury Modem" or "Connect Box" is a DOCSIS 3.0 device. Unless they have others in the field that are 3.1 that I'm unaware of.
    Are these the new white Modems?, if so. Does it have the 5Ghz Wifi band in it?, I was told by an agent that it doesn't have the 5Ghz WiFi band included. Knowing that Flows Tech Agents are clueless a lot of the time, I doubted what the agent said. So just asking to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    I think Flow got until 2020 when the broadband market in Jamaica will change again see here. Digicel and Flow for that matter will have access to a new submarine communications cable with tremendous capacity. Since Digicel will no longer have to suck on C&W network when that cable comes online, we will see a new round of internet speeds and bundles. Flow should position itself to compete by upgrading to the latest DOCSIS specification.

Hopefully, the top tier bundles will have gigabit-speed symmetric connections. But it won't be cheap
    So does this mean that Digicel will be free from bondage from Flow. And will be able to increase capacity on its deadbeat LTE Network. And provided faster speeds for Mobile data and home broadband?. If this is so, them that is great news.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    So does this mean that Digicel will be free from bondage from Flow. And will be able to increase capacity on its deadbeat LTE Network. And provided faster speeds for Mobile data and home broadband?. If this is so, them that is great news.
    Not a clue, but very likely.

All I know is when this new submarine cable goes into operation by 2020 Jamaica will be connected to both ends of a redundant undersea fiber optic cable that can carry a maximum 160 Tbps of traffic, 320 Tbps using both ends. If you use the current data available on C&W network capacity to Jamaica here you get a total of 16 Tbps, that is a magnitude of 20 times. And from what I'm hearing the bandwidth cost on this network will be cheaper than it cost Flow to operate its undersea network. So something will happen. I think we will see massive effects for the better else Deep blue cable is wasting its time

To put things into perspective the fastest undersea cable in operation now is a joint effort between Microsoft and Facebook that connects the USA to Europe and its current operting capacity is 160 Tbps