Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow evo bundles

I recall from maybe last year the recording feature seem to have changed ... normally when you switch to a new channel the box start to automatically store the programme you are watching, evident by the progress bar gradually filling up, allowing one to rewind and go forward at will without the need to start all over. Now it only start to store at the time I pause, no longer automatically as soon as I switch to the channel. I dismissed this issue, thinking it had to do with a defective flash drive or the box itself, now I know its not, since I have changed both yet the same odd behavior persist, here wondering if this was due to the firmware update months ago or something else going on. Can anyone else confirm this?
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Jun 2, 2018 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BountyKilla View Post
    That feature has always been there. Flow and their false advertising.
    The most recent update seems to be bogus.. none of the feature changes they list actually work.

As much as I have 75MBps down.. it is almost impossible to stream from TV box between 7pm and 10pm ... cable load during these times are brutal...

Anyone heard about "new" boxes for the Flow EVO systems?
    PHONE: XR

Hey guys, I'm planning on getting the Fire bundle... wanted to know what the average speed was. Also, I hear alot of talk about congestion on the network during a certain time. Is this a normal occurence or is it endemic to a certain area?

Speed test using Flow servers you gonna get constant 70+ mbps... US Miami server 60+mbps...

In mobay congestion is between 7pm-11pm.. and only my TV Box is affected... Everthing else works fine.

Seems streaming from TV doesn't auto adjust stream quality based on available bandwidth.

What are the uploads like on it? I only see download speeds on the website.

https://discoverflow.co/jamaica/bundles/overview
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Speed test using Flow servers you gonna get constant 70+ mbps... US Miami server 60+mbps...

In mobay congestion is between 7pm-11pm.. and only my TV Box is affected... Everthing else works fine.

Seems streaming from TV doesn't auto adjust stream quality based on available bandwidth.
    I get 70+ Mbps no matter where in North America. Here is a speed test to Canada

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    What are the uploads like on it? I only see download speeds on the website.
    5Mpbs across all Flow Evo packages. But on speed tests, I only get 3Mbps consistently

That's a GREAT improvement! I'll be signing up!

And I won't be signing up. Upload speeds not any better than what I currently have. All they did was open it up a bit more for the download - plus they lock you into a 2 year contract. Here are the confirmed speeds when I called to initially get the upgrade (but changed my mind).

SPARK: 40Mb down - 1.5Mb UP
    FLAME: 60Mb down - 2Mb UP
    FIRE: 75Mb down - 5Mb UP
    Last edited by khat17; Jun 24, 2018 at 06:06 PM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    That's a GREAT improvement! I'll be signing up!

And I won't be signing up. Upload speeds not any better than what I currently have. All they did was open it up a bit more for the download - plus they lock you into a 2 year contract. Here are the confirmed speeds when I called to initially get the upgrade (but changed my mind).

SPARK: 40Mb down - 1.5Mb UP
    FLAME: 60Mb down - 2Mb UP
    FIRE: 75Mb down - 5Mb UP
    With the new bundle I am paying less and getting more. Before I speed was 25 Mbps, now I can enjoy 75 Mbps, much better than I did before.
    PHONE: XR