Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE issues

Default Digicel LTE issues

I dont know if anyone else having this issue. But I recently switch over to Digicel, and While im loving the data and talk value. Im suffering from fluctuating signal issues. Mines and other persons phones have very weak signal. Which keeps changing from HSPA to LTE back down to HSPA and back to LTE, the cycle doesnt stop nor does the phone latch on to any one frequency. As a result, I cant use data fully as speeds are slow as hell. And I mean really slow to non existent. I spoke to a data doctor on monday. And having checked with the Technical team, he said that they are doing upgrades to thier backhual, changing them to fibre. However, online chat agents indicated to me that they dont see an issue in my area. The affected area is along Spanish town road in Kingston. Im at the KIW industrial complex on 237 Spanish Town Road, Kingston 11. I wonder if anyone could find out any information about what is happening.

Last edited by Nathan77791; Mar 21, 2018 at 06:23 PM.

you tried just HSPA only or LTE only? - its not limited to your phone only - so prob something is being done in that area you are at
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    you tried just HSPA only or LTE only? - its not limited to your phone only - so prob something is being done in that area you are at
    I tried both, but as I stated. The network type keeps changing from HSPA to LTE then back again in a continous pattern. The signal is not stable, but I never get kicked off the Network. I just lose data connection and have one tiny bar on LTE. I really hope they are working or upgrading services in the area, because I dont know whay else could be causing this.

I know Digicel is in the process of not just upgrading but also changing out Ericsson equipment to a different provider. I have been experiencing the same issues and I've put it down that. I'm in St. Ann, could it be islandwide ?
    Shhhh!I see dead people!

Quote Originally Posted by MG Kelly View Post
    I know Digicel is in the process of not just upgrading but also changing out Ericsson equipment to a different provider. I have been experiencing the same issues and I've put it down that. I'm in St. Ann, could it be islandwide ?
    Im not sure if my particular issue is islandwide. But Digicels Network has taken a tumble over the last five years. But do tell me, will they change over Kingston from Ericson to ZTE as well?. If so, how long will it take them to reprovision the Network across the country?. Why im skeptical about the upgrades, is because of the Customer care Live Chat agents saying there is no upgrades taking place.

They still working to upgrade the network man.. give them some time.. the same thing was happening in parts of Mobay which for the most part is ok now and few areas still have that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    They still working to upgrade the network man.. give them some time.. the same thing was happening in parts of Mobay which for the most part is ok now and few areas still have that issue.
    Yes I remember you had similar issues. So I went back through the Digicel LTE thread. And sawed your posts on this familair issue. I really hope its and upgrade. As data doctors and Live chat agents keep saying they dont see any upgrades or issues in the area. Even though one data doctor told me on Monday, that Digicel is upgrading backhual capacity to fibre. I will give them time to do what they have to do. But I just want to know what is happening. They should have sent a notification message right?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Yes I remember you had similar issues. So I went back through the Digicel LTE thread. And sawed your posts on this familair issue. I really hope its and upgrade. As data doctors and Live chat agents keep saying they dont see any upgrades or issues in the area. Even though one data doctor told me on Monday, that Digicel is upgrading backhual capacity to fibre. I will give them time to do what they have to do. But I just want to know what is happening. They should have sent a notification message right?.
    What kind of phone are u using tho?

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    What kind of phone are u using tho?
    I'm using a Galaxy S7 Edge SM G935F

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    I'm using a Galaxy S7 Edge SM G935F
    Are you having any call drop issues or low signal when on a call?