Thread: New Laptop - Where to Buy

Default New Laptop - Where to Buy

Hey folks. I am looking to buy a new laptop. It doesn't need to be super fast but I would prefer a 1920X1080 screen. Laptops are plentiful nowadays so I wanted to browse around in store first to see if I could find something okay. Which local store in Kingston would you recommend based on their prices and variety?

I don't think you are going to get any budget entry level laptops with a 1080p screen and that is basically what they sell out here. You could try Pricesmart but I would recommend going online, Newegg, ebay, Amazon all have excellent laptops and a 1600x900 screen is just as good with better battery life. Remember computers are imported duty free so the only drawback would be the shipping time.

Laptop prices for anything kinda decent is ridiculous in Jamaica but if you dont have someone who can bring down one for you then you could probably check pricemart cause at least the give warranty.
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Thanks for the replies. I would hope Pricesmart have started to offer better systems than the ones I saw there sometime last year - laptops with only 4-6gb of ram and 1366*768 screen About how much in fees would it cost to import a $600-700 laptop from a place like Shipme?

Quote Originally Posted by KB_1 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I would hope Pricesmart have started to offer better systems than the ones I saw there sometime last year - laptops with only 4-6gb of ram and 1366*768 screen About how much in fees would it cost to import a $600-700 laptop from a place like Shipme?
    Might be better to ask them for a quote, find out the price of the laptop and its weight before hand.

I bought my ASUS laptop last month on Amazon.

bought mine at bestbuy, have bought for friends from their as well. I recommend it, but you'd need someone to bring it down