Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flow LTE reserving call credit for data.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Maybe it happens to other people and they just don't know, I've had credit disappear with FLOW all the time, never really cared, and as soon as a data plan is finished all the credit wipes off in seconds

With the new digicel pre paid plans nothing else makes sense to me now so I'm cancelling my post paid digicel and pre paid flow sim I'll throw it away and just use one sum instead of 3 lol

You'll be forever on this thread trying to find out what the problem is, if you want the number that bad you can port it to digicel and im pretty sure you won't have any issue with credit and data with digicel (anymore)
    Well I agree with you, I will forever be on this thread seeking a answer to my longstanding problems with Flow in vain. So I have made the decision to suspend and terminate the affected number and the account associated with it. I will have a new SIM card with a new number purchase. I really hope that will solve the issue. I'm hoping that with the new number, the tower I'm connected to at home, will realize the new account and number. And not give me this frustrating problem again. You think the new number and account will work, even though the name and address remain the same?. I will have them delete the old affected number and account, so that I only have one number on Thier Network.

Well this is either a jinx or something, I had a new sim purchased in another name and account. And when I inserted the new sim, twenty mins after. The same frustrating problem has return. I even factory reset my phone again, before the new sim was inserted, and the issue still persist with a new number and account. I don't know what to do anymore, It cant be the phone. Because I factory reset the device, and inserted the Sim card into two other phones. And the issue persist. So I will follow jomos suggestion. And port the new number to Digicel. I do this with a sad but optimistic heart.

My only wish is that Digicel would upgrade and build out there LTE Network and increase speeds. Where I am, I cant get LTE inside unless I go outside or down the road. This needs to change, I really hope they do something about that issue soon. On the other-hand, I'm loving the new prepaid plans.

I just got a new Flow sim, with a new number. $30 comes with the sim. I added $500 credit on it as well.
    After I put it into my phone, guess how much is on it?

Yup, $430. $100 automatically taken off.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    I just got a new Flow sim, with a new number. $30 comes with the sim. I added $500 credit on it as well.
    After I put it into my phone, guess how much is on it?

Yup, $430. $100 automatically taken off.
    Whoa, the same happen to me. I left Flow for awhile. But Digicel is crap in my area, poor to no signal. And my phone gets hot as hell. It's like I have a little hot plate with me. I reactivate my Flow number and account yesterday. And when I add credit to it. $100 was gone from the $200 that was added to the account. Flows system seems to love taking $100 from some accounts. I spoke to a Customer Care rep, and he said that Flow. Is aware of the issue, and is working to fix it. The system returned my $100, but if I don't use it soon. It's gonna take it again. At least I know now, that I'm not the only one having this issue.

The issue of credit being held or reserved automatically, only happens on LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Whoa, the same happen to me. I left Flow for awhile. But Digicel is crap in my area, poor to no signal. And my phone gets hot as hell. It's like I have a little hot plate with me. I reactivate my Flow number and account yesterday. And when I add credit to it. $100 was gone from the $200 that was added to the account. Flows system seems to love taking $100 from some accounts. I spoke to a Customer Care rep, and he said that Flow. Is aware of the issue, and is working to fix it. The system returned my $100, but if I don't use it soon. It's gonna take it again. At least I know now, that I'm not the only one having this issue.
    I had already posted the same issue before. Had called Customer Care about it and they gave me back the $100 and it didn't happen again.

Will have to call them about it on the new sim. Otherwise, Consumer Affairs will have to get involved in this.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    I had already posted the same issue before. Had called Customer Care about it and they gave me back the $100 and it didn't happen again.

Will have to call them about it on the new sim. Otherwise, Consumer Affairs will have to get involved in this.
    Yes I remember your post earlier about the same issue. When you call customer care, they release the credit. And the system removes the APN and internet settings from the SIM on the Network side, that is why the issue never happens again. Because it only happens on LTE. I know because, I too called them and they released the credit. And I could not use data at all. I had to call them back, and they added back the internet settings to my account and SIM.