Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE reserving call credit for data.

Default Flow LTE reserving call credit for data.

Hey Guys, I really hope someone out there in the community can help or advise me on this frustrating and ongoing problem. As the title states, my call credit keeps getting reserved for data. I do not know what is causing this to happen and either does Flow. It all started in August of 2017 when LTE was in testing in my area. My phone had detected the LTE signal, and I did a speed test without a purchased data plan. I notice that from then on, whenever I have a LTE connection. My call credit, sometimes some of it is gone.

I called Customer care many times, having spoken to many clueless agents over the months. I finally got an agent who advised me that maybe the issue is with my Sim Card, so I was advised to get my sim replaced with one of the LTE sims. Having purchased my Sim Card back in December of 2016. It was compatible with the LTE Network, but it was not an LTE sim. I had the Sim Card replaced and upgraded to the LTE ones. I notice that when I inserted the new Sim into my phone, No APN was selected, so I selected the Lime Prepaid Internet APN. And then reset via airplane mode. Thinking that the problem was now solved, I had doubts. After four hours I checked my account balance, and saw that $100 was gone. I know now that the issue has not gone away, nor solved by the Sim swap.

I am very frustrated now, as I don't know what to do. And neither does anyone at Flow, apart from being advised to change Network Mode from LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto to just WCDMA/GSM and changing apn from prepaid to postpaid, as well as calling customer care for them to turn off data connection from the networks end, Then calling them to turn it on again when I need it. Nothing seems to fix the issue permanently.

I am asking anyone with knowledge of this or any fix to the issue, to please assist me, Also is there anyone else out there having this issue, or a similar problem?. I am very frustrated, as I remember needing to make a call, and when I dialed the number. I was told i have no credit, so I had to beg a stranger a call. This issue seems to only happen when I am in an LTE covered area. Where I live has LTE now, so the problem is there unresolved. I am wondering if it is the Cell tower that my phone is connected to, that is causing the problem. This all started when I did that speed test without a data plan, while the LTE Network was in testing. So its either that, or Flow has a bug on their system. I don't see or hear any complaints about this issue on Social Media or via customer care. So I guess this is probably localized to me. Anyway, hope there is someone who can help or advise me on procedures to solve this issue, Thank you.
    Last edited by Nathan77791; Feb 27, 2018 at 02:05 AM.

Didn't you post this already?

Had the same problem. Although I don't use DATA at all, I had just gotten a new Flow SIM card and mysteriously $100 credit would disappear from it and return sometime later. But not soon enough because I needed to make a call.

Got the same story from Flow and they suggested I switch from LTE to 3g.
    I didn't bother to do that. CC just did something on their end and gave me back my missing $100.

It hasn't happened again since late last year.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Didn't you post this already?

Had the same problem. Although I don't use DATA at all, I had just gotten a new Flow SIM card and mysteriously $100 credit would disappear from it and return sometime later. But not soon enough because I needed to make a call.

Got the same story from Flow and they suggested I switch from LTE to 3g.
    I didn't bother to do that. CC just did something on their end and gave me back my missing $100.

It hasn't happened again since late last year.
    Yes,I posted a similar question on this issue in the Flow LTE forum sometime last year. I called them as well, and each time they restore the credit. It will stay until when I restart my phone. And the LTE signal picks up again. Then the credit goes. When they restore the credit back to your account, your device stays in 3G until it's changed or restarted. That's the problem I have been having.

jomo Guest

Lol this is really pathetic just turn off LTE or stop using flow simple

You know how much people lose credit on lime now just as they used to with digicel

DIGICEL made the best decision to stop data running off people's credit, especially on postpaid...

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Lol this is really pathetic just turn off LTE or stop using flow simple

You know how much people lose credit on lime now just as they used to with digicel

DIGICEL made the best decision to stop data running off people's credit, especially on postpaid...
    I do switch from LTE, but if my phone is restarted. The LTE auto mode comes on. I think Flow needs to create a separate APN for its LTE network. I am not going back to Digicel, Thier data network needs help. Speeds are too slow now, they need to fix that issue. There must be away to solve this issue, Flow is being too complacent.

I know they have a few bugs in their system... I had an issue yesterday where the system prevented me from adding a data plan because I'd exhausted my social media balance and went into negative (don't ask me how lol). Essentially I tried to use all of my remaining allotment and went into pay as you go... I called up Customer Care (at 1:00 AM mind you) and got a super helpful & knowlegable agent who advised me on the issue and reimbursed me of the credit removed and added the plan I'd wanted on their end. I'm thinking they're using a new OSS/BSS system (probably from Ericsson), of which I'm hearing that it's been giving issues on larger networks such as T-Mobile USA, as well as a new Evolved Packet Core from Ericsson (which they recently commissioned in December), adding to the list of issues such as blotchy audio quality & at one point, call drops.

I think they're all teething issues... do report them whenever they happen and demand compensation when you can. In your case though, I'd seek escalation immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    I know they have a few bugs in their system... I had an issue yesterday where the system prevented me from adding a data plan because I'd exhausted my social media balance and went into negative (don't ask me how lol). Essentially I tried to use all of my remaining allotment and went into pay as you go... I called up Customer Care (at 1:00 AM mind you) and got a super helpful & knowlegable agent who advised me on the issue and reimbursed me of the credit removed and added the plan I'd wanted on their end. I'm thinking they're using a new OSS/BSS system (probably from Ericsson), of which I'm hearing that it's been giving issues on larger networks such as T-Mobile USA, as well as a new Evolved Packet Core from Ericsson (which they recently commissioned in December), adding to the list of issues such as blotchy audio quality & at one point, call drops.

I think they're all teething issues... do report them whenever they happen and demand compensation when you can. In your case though, I'd seek escalation immediately.
    I do report the issue everytime it happens. My case has been escalated. But nothing so far has been done. I'm thinking a separate APN configuration for LTE would help solve the problems. I even had my SIM card change, thinking that would solve the issue. But to no avail, I'm still having the issue. Flow needs to sort this out ASAP.

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    I do switch from LTE, but if my phone is restarted. The LTE auto mode comes on. I think Flow needs to create a separate APN for its LTE network. I am not going back to Digicel, Thier data network needs help. Speeds are too slow now, they need to fix that issue. There must be away to solve this issue, Flow is being too complacent.
    Speeds?? LOL you're joking... Digicel hasuch faster speeds to me, at least where I frequent, trelawny mobay and kgn

Flow 4g is comparable to digicel edge, flow LTE is comparable to digicel 4g, digicel LTE is comparable to flow browse and talk speeds haha

So you're making all this fuss when you could simply turn LTE off when you restart the phone...

Maybe the phone is the issue... Is it a sprint or verizon or a double sim phone?

A few double sim phones I've used give issues with one sim using data if the other sim is active

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Speeds?? LOL you're joking... Digicel hasuch faster speeds to me, at least where I frequent, trelawny mobay and kgn

Flow 4g is comparable to digicel edge, flow LTE is comparable to digicel 4g, digicel LTE is comparable to flow browse and talk speeds haha

So you're making all this fuss when you could simply turn LTE off when you restart the phone...

Maybe the phone is the issue... Is it a sprint or verizon or a double sim phone?

A few double sim phones I've used give issues with one sim using data if the other sim is active
    No, hell no. I have to strongly disagree with you about Digicel being faster than Flow. The evidence just shows otherwise, the speed test I have personally done on Flow LTE average around 37-55 Mbps down and 22mbps up. I did a speed test on Tuesday of this week, and I got 78mbps down and 37mbps up. Digicel LTE doesn't even come close.
    The fastest I've seen on Digicel LTE is 22 Mbps down and 5mbps up. I have seen Digicel LTE speeds go up to 45mbps but no where near Flows LTE network. I agree that Digicel broadband internet is way faster than Flow, as it is fibre. But your comparisons are minute and not the reality of the overall Flow network. I know Digicel is expanding LTE in the areas you mention getting fast speeds. But my God they have nothing on Flow, nothing at all as it regards Mobile technology and technology.

My Phone is an unlocked SM-G935F S7 Edge. It is a single SIM device. It's not my phone, as I inserted a Digicel LTE SIM card in it. And the credit on wasn't taken for data. The problem is with Flow.

I have the SM-G935FD S7 Edge dual sim version and I'm not experienced that issue, defiantly account related.

Also the data works fine when the other sim is active except during call on the other sim.. Aside from that I can browse and talk using the same sim card regardless of the network.

I use both Flow and Digicel Data. Speed wise it's Flow, better packages of recent is Digicel.
    Used 14GB less than 30 days now thanks to Digicel. Flow packages aren't favourable.Not everyone uses Deezer and those other stuff. Give us the full data allocation and let us use it for what we want.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.