Thread: The Leap To 4K

Default The Leap To 4K

So 4K is basically it right now.. me personally don't see a night and day difference between it and 1080p.. 4K looks more vibrant and vivid, but a decent 1080p TV could do similar..

I get most 4K content from YouTube and NetFlix.. Flow on my 4K TV is not as good as it was on my 1080p TV.. so my question is... do you think in time broadcast will offer 4k?

On a side note when Youtube upscales 1080p it looks much much better than when Flow channels are upscaled.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Why would they upgrade broadcast TV to 4k? So that you can watch it in 4k? doesn't seem to be real important in the grand scheme of things. They have widescreen sometimes but that is pretty easy, for 4k they would have to buy a whole bunch of new stuff.

I am not sure what type encoding/decoding technologies they would use but eventually all cable providers will upgrade to 4K programming and probably just add HDR once the industry settles on which HDR technology to use (Should be the open HDR 10). However the cable boxes will have to be replaced.

GPRS what size 4K TV do you have and who is the manufacturer?
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Why would they upgrade broadcast TV to 4k? So that you can watch it in 4k? doesn't seem to be real important in the grand scheme of things. They have widescreen sometimes but that is pretty easy, for 4k they would have to buy a whole bunch of new stuff.
    They have basically Everthing needed.. all needed for us to get 4K is mainly bandwidth, lots of bandwidth...

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    GPRS what size 4K TV do you have and who is the manufacturer?
    LG 65"

Ok. I am not sure how good the upscaling is with LG but I know Samsung has among the best. Also I think most Cable stations are actually 1080i vs 1080p so that could be an issue as most streamed content is 1080p. Also of course with a bigger screen size scaling issues show up more.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Yea man.. Samsung and LG have some of the best upscaling..

I suspect bradcast can go the route similar to YouTube were they offer a compressed 4K that auto detects your bandwith and adjust the stream quality accordingly..

Because as I said.. YouTube and Netflix looks great on my TV..

when you say "broadcast" do you mean "over the air broadcast" or internet streaming?

when you say "broadcast" do you mean "over the air broadcast" or internet streaming?
    I mean like Flow or Digicel Play type services .....
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Ah I thought you were talking about TVJ and CVM. Yeah thats internet streaming. They will probably divide the market and make you part more for your 4k stream.

Ah I thought you were talking about TVJ and CVM. Yeah thats internet streaming. They will probably divide the market and make you part more for your 4k stream.
    TVJ and CVM currently HD now.. My guess is that a good portion of their camera can record in 4K.. Or they can simply send out a low compressed 1080p so that when it gets up-scaled to 4k it will look relatively decent..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..