Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow's Evolution Cable Services?

Default Flow's Evolution Cable Services?

Unless I am reading too much into Flow's new ad, it appears Flow will be rolling out some improvement to its cable TV service, is this the real Horizon cable services?
    As you may recall Flow AVS was re-branded Flow Horizon but as we later learn its not the Horizon that its parent company Liberty Global is using in its other territories. The real Horizon which uses the Evolution HD Cable boxes promise far superior features which I gather includes Netflix.
    Any confirmation on this?
    See add on their instagram page "Evolution coming soon" : https://www.instagram.com/FlowJamaica/

My Flow cable change like 5 times since I've had it.. only thing viable I see coming is better rates, more HD channels, more VOD and more pvr times.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Unless I am reading too much into Flow's new ad, it appears Flow will be rolling out some improvement to its cable TV service, is this the real Horizon cable services?
    As you may recall Flow AVS was re-branded Flow Horizon but as we later learn its not the Horizon that its parent company Liberty Global is using in its other territories. The real Horizon which uses the Evolution HD Cable boxes promise far superior features which I gather includes Netflix.
    Any confirmation on this?
    See add on their instagram page "Evolution coming soon" : https://www.instagram.com/FlowJamaica/
    I am curious as well, I asked them about it. But they won't give any more information. The only thing they said was that customers can expect a major massive upgrade of Thier Cable TV service. Which will include I guess mobile on the go connectivity. The mobile on the go May include Netflix. I am not sure, but I see Flow taking advantage of Thier super fast LTE network. We just have to wait and see, hope someone has more info they can share. Really excited about this move, hope more channels and content are available.

"...expect a major massive upgrade of Thier Cable TV service"
    Thats a major hint there.. I think Brandysull should have some insight on it base on his post elsewhere sometime ago:

"The Horizon service is referring to the Horizon TV service Liberty developed in 2011-12. It has a whole host of features from HD and 3D PVR to Contextual YouTube searches, an App Store, Twitter Integration, a Stunning UI, Integrated 802.11n router and landline phone line... The list goes on. You can find this service under Liberty's Virgin Media brands in the UK & Ireland, Ziggo in the Netherlands, UPC Cablecomm in Switzerland etc. etc. etc.

It's nothing we in Jamaica (unless we owned smart TVs) had ever seen before. It integrates all of FLOW's offerings (except mobile lol) into one "box". Liberty is currently midway through developing a replacement for the Horizon service that promises even more features than this, its name is Project "EOS". Stay tuned for THAT! "

they have been very silent on the new "evolution"
    PHONE: XR

I think the 'evolution' is more than just TV... Just today they went live with their LTE campaign for Jamaica, after teasing this morning that an 'evolution' was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    I think the 'evolution' is more than just TV... Just today they went live with their LTE campaign for Jamaica, after teasing this morning that an 'evolution' was coming.
    Really?, but in the promotion ad, it said that evolution will change the way we watch TV. I would be happy if the evolution included Mobile as well. We really need some larger data allotments for prepaid customers.

The question now is, "What will become of Digicel?"
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Quote Originally Posted by lojikal View Post
    The question now is, "What will become of Digicel?"
    Just so yall know this is a Caribbean wide launch. The evolution is not only gonna happen here it will happen in Barbados as well....seems they mirroring the LIME to FLOW re-branding schedule in terms of the islands they covering first...same major ones first then minor...but the evolution is happening on FLOW barbados fb page as well

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Just so yall know this is a Caribbean wide launch. The evolution is not only gonna happen here it will happen in Barbados as well....seems they mirroring the LIME to FLOW re-branding schedule in terms of the islands they covering first...same major ones first then minor...but the evolution is happening on FLOW barbados fb page as well
    Probably their rebranding their TV product offerings and evolving it to be more competitive with other newer product offerings... I presume this is the realization of Liberty's impact on CWC