Thread: CAC Demands Answers as Complaints Against Digicel & Flow Spike

Default CAC Demands Answers as Complaints Against Digicel & Flow Spike

The Consumer Affairs Commission, CAC, is expressing concern about the pricing of data plans offered by telecommunications companies, Digicel and FLOW.

Chairman of the CAC. Kent Gammon says the Agency has received numerous complaints from consumers in relation to network charges.

Among the issues brought to the Commission's attention are the extended period of response time of the network providers, no show of technicians after consumer complaints and conflicting instructions from customer service representatives to consumers billing issues.

As a result the commission is calling on Digicel and FLOW to clearly state how mobile data plans are priced.
    http://rjrnewsonline.com/local/cac-d...cel-flow-spike
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    I will be waiting to see what the follow up action will be after the Information is provided to the CAC.

If I don't call the cooperate line for Digicel I can't get anyone to answer my questions.their data plans are horrible, more than milking the customer.

For Flow, their service quality is very poor,from the customer service to the Internet connection.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

I won't hold by breath, but I don't expect anything concrete to happen. Both these carriers, especially Flow needs to be audited and sanctioned if necessary. They have exploited Jamaican consumers for far too long now. The data plans needs to be more affordable and last the time they are billed for. I know data usage depends on how the user uses it. But we need better plans, for the prices we pay. Flow also needs to upgrade and provide efficient and reliable broadband internet and Cable channels. Stop charging different for channel replacement, and provide effective efficient customer service to customers.