Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Timer

Default Digital Timer

I gather JPS selling these timers (see below) any feedback on the quality of these devices? Need one for use on a refrigerator. I was told a long time ago that its better to get refrigerator guards locally as they are better adopted to our environment, I assume this also apply to timers as well.

Well it already wins as its 50Hz. All the timer does is shutoff the circuit and turn it back on. No big deal.

Yeah 50hz is the first good sign, however just want to make sure this is not some Chinese made junk that will fail after 2 months

No comment hahahahaha

Why would you want a timer on your refrigerator though ? The built in thermostat should be enough, I think a fridge guard (heavy duty surge protector) is what you really need.

People use them to save current.

To elaborate. People place the timer on the fridge so that it turns it off in the night when it's cooler, then back on in the day. Basically so you don't need to plug it in/out manually. Saves power because the fridge don't need to be on regulating.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

yes, its mostly to save current especially if you do not want to invest in one of those fancy new inverter refrigerators. if you have a older refrigerator this is probably the best you can get to save on costs of running it. I haven't bought one yet but I here people say it helps. buy it and a surge protector - worse thing that can happen is that you lose your money.

Yes as others have said its a cost saving thing, need to have the refrigerator off at nights automatically.
    @Own already have a guard.
    Look like I have to just buy and find out.

I'm not sure if I agree with that theory guys, remember a fridge's temperature is regulated by a thermostat and compressor so if you plug it out for an extended period the thermostat is going to have to run the compressor much longer, using more current to achieve the set temperature. I think the best solution is a fridge with a digital inverter compressor, those things really make a difference. A few years ago I was struggling with a monthly light bill of $50k, got fed up and decided to change my fridge to an inverter compressor model and my water heater to solar. My light bill is now between $18k-$20k monthly, I even added an inverter a/c.