Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is 251?? (FLOW)

So possibly a new plan with a slightly reduced rate. From $2.99 to $2.51.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

They announced it today...I think.

https://i.imgur.com/wPEFllP.jpg
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

So you save $2.51 per minute.. what's the new rate???

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    So you save $2.51 per minute.. what's the new rate???
    Still trying to find that out. But I think this is a good move for subscribers. Waiting to see how Digicel responds.

The new rate I think is $3.99 according to what I see.
    Cash- strapped digicel already increase their rates to $6.50 per minute, when they implemented their new "One rate" structure for all pre-paid mobile customers about 3 weeks ago. so $6.50 - $2.51 =$3.99

Still waiting for Flow's response to Digicel's doubling of its DigiPlay internet speeds, Data is more important to me right now .

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Cash- strapped digicel already increase their rates to $6.50 per minute, when they implemented their new "One rate" structure for all pre-paid mobile customers about 3 weeks ago. so $6.50 - $2.51 =$3.99

Still waiting for Flow's response to Digicel's doubling of its DigiPlay internet speeds, Data is more important to me right now .
    Data and Broadband speeds are very important to me, and all Techies. Flows response is slow. But I'm sure they will come good to match Digicel.

I don't think FLOW can respond to the Data changes until they upgrade all their users. All customers would first have to switch to their newer Arris modems which allow DOCSIS 3.0 and the even newer ones that do DOCSIS 3.1. I think the 3.0 modems are a requirement for Horizon so its no biggie but still they still got a lot of legacy FLOW users on the original ones.

The next challenge would be to allow all their customers to upgrade to 50Mb/s over the same shared HFC infrastructure. Possible of course but they you are going to increase contention and more complaints about not getting what they paid for. So further investment will be required and more fibre optic nodes installed throughout their network. I think back in the day one node served 250 people not sure what the ratio is now.

Advertising that their rates are lower than Digicel's should in theory win over additional mobile customers without them actually dropping rates; a good salvo.

Not following you. How does Digicel's $6.50 rate come into play with Flow's savings of $2.51?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Not following you. How does Digicel's $6.50 rate come into play with Flow's savings of $2.51?
    A suh it guh man. The savings is in comparison to what one would pay if one was using Digicel for the same one minute, check on flowjamaica facebook page and you would see they are making the same comparison as well, and the $3.99 figure is the same.

A suh it guh man. The savings is in comparison to what one would pay if one was using Digicel for the same one minute, check on flowjamaica facebook page and you would see they are making the same comparison as well, and the $3.99 figure is the same.
    So let's get this straight.. Flow did not reduce rates.. they just telling you that you saving $2.51 compared to Digicel ??? lol

I've never seen such marketing.. sneaky to say the least .. lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram