Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is 251?? (FLOW)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    A suh it guh man. The savings is in comparison to what one would pay if one was using Digicel for the same one minute, check on flowjamaica facebook page and you would see they are making the same comparison as well, and the $3.99 figure is the same.
    Bwoooy, if mi could kiss mi teet likkle louder. So all that build up to tell me that they are currently beating Digicel on price?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    I don't think FLOW can respond to the Data changes until they upgrade all their users. All customers would first have to switch to their newer Arris modems which allow DOCSIS 3.0 and the even newer ones that do DOCSIS 3.1. I think the 3.0 modems are a requirement for Horizon so its no biggie but still they still got a lot of legacy FLOW users on the original ones.

The next challenge would be to allow all their customers to upgrade to 50Mb/s over the same shared HFC infrastructure. Possible of course but they you are going to increase contention and more complaints about not getting what they paid for. So further investment will be required and more fibre optic nodes installed throughout their network. I think back in the day one node served 250 people not sure what the ratio is now.

Advertising that their rates are lower than Digicel's should in theory win over additional mobile customers without them actually dropping rates; a good salvo.
    On the HFC, I totally agree with you! The need to increase their fibre nodes (of which they've explicitly said they're doing, in earnest at that). I think that work is happening in conjunction with the FTTC work they're doing for areas with ADSL.

As for mobile... I see this calling rate push as an effort solely to attract net adds... they've made it clear that their focus for mobile going forward is data. They've been fortifying their HSPA & LTE layers islandwide to the point where the statistics coming back from benchmarks are astounding (especially for LTE). Many people are unaware OF how zippy their data network is... it's only when you show them and give an apples to apples comparison that they see the difference. Just yesterday I showed someone on Digicel a speedtest between them & FLOW's LTE network. Digicel, at full signal, topped off at 25 Mbit/s while FLOW did 31 Mbit/s.. while on a single bar of LTE. While they need a bit more site density (or a Band 5 refarm from GSM to LTE) to match Digicel on LTE retention, all they need to do is market the network as being the "Nation's Fastest" or what have you.... oh well

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    So let's get this straight.. Flow did not reduce rates.. they just telling you that you saving $2.51 compared to Digicel ??? lol

I've never seen such marketing.. sneaky to say the least .. lol
    As long as they're cheaper that's all that matters. Never mind that they have a $2.99 rate currently......
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    As long as they're cheaper that's all that matters. Never mind that they have a $2.99 rate currently......
    Yeah, 2.99 still exists for the 30 day, 3 GB prepaid plan. No subterfuge here, in fact, they're underselling themselves!