Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finish High School And Want to Study Networking @ an Institution 2017

Post Finish High School And Want to Study Networking @ an Institution 2017

I graduated High School in 2016 with 6 Cxc including I.T and want to Study at an institution that focuses on Networking where I can obtain the Certificates needed to land me a job in that field of I.T. I'm not a fan of programming.

Any recommendations where I can Study & Major in Networking.

Vector Technology Institute.

https://www.vti.edu.jm

Try there and let us know how it goes.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

As a person who was in your position a few years ago lemme show you a vibes.

1. You WILL have to do programming as long as you plan to do anything above the minimum networking fields.
    2. Aim to do networking certs + supporting certs like Microsoft certs and or linux certs and others - Cloud Technologies is a HUGE thing now so look into that.
    3. If you arent sure what certs to do, research the jobs you'd like to take then search for companies hiring for said jobs - pay attention to the qualifications they are asking for.

4. There is a lot you can do on your own to help yourself. if your System allows, build a virtual home lab and start playing with that. Simulate a real working environment and practice managing it.

Also depends on where he is. I'm going through the May Pen area tomorrow to do networking at a school and he could come. But would have to PM me.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

I'm actually from the May Pen area Khat17.

I've sent a PM with some details. You can go with me to the location on Sunday, but I think you may have misunderstood a bit. I wasn't saying that there's a school that does networking - I'm saying that I'm going to setup a network at a school. You can come by in order to watch/learn. Bring a notebook.

Guys I think I'll be applying for the I.T programme offered @ Excelsior College. My family says it would be more Marketable to study and have experience in more than one areas of I.T.

it seems Utech is hard to get in due to their Scit Aptitude test.

The scit aptitude test is nothing to fret over, the test is just to weed out people just in case too many students apply for the faculty which not that many do anyway compared to other faculties.

I accidentally deleted my own message.....

Anyways. Was originally saying no contact, but we linked up today. Copied some material to him, but more to come Sunday. Didn't get to go through anything since I was working, so we will see how it goes during the networking.