Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newegg Jamaica

Most likely with FedEx or some other global shipping company. I may check it out and see what happens.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

have anyone checked it out as yet...because i am in need of buying a graphics card like the gtx 1060 or so...on the black Friday/cyber Monday sale week
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2
    TV: LG LM6700
    PC: laptop Toshiba Qosmio X505

I'm probably going to check it out soon and see what happens. Will post if it gets done.

*EDIT*
    So I realize that some items on the site for Jamaica can't be shipped out here. I actually ended up purchasing a refurbished PC for my brother.

https://www.newegg.com/global/jm/Pro...15&ignorebbr=1

Just something for him to do office work on. I tried to buy another one first, but kept getting an error regardless of what I changed. Once I changed the product to this one it worked however.

I also realized I couldn't purchase a USB hub because it made no sense. The shipping cost for the hub was absurd. So it makes no sense to buy unless you plan to ship a few things at once. Shipping on the item came up to about JMD$5,000. I managed to buy the USB hub and send to my US address, so will see how that goes and the PC. Hopefully when it comes the criminals don't steal things out of it.........

*EDIT*
    So it got here and is in Kingston and was shipped by FedEx! But.....held by customs (wretched set....) and I sent the consent form for FedEx to be my proxy and clear the item. Waiting to see how much millions they going charge me..........

Item cost was JMD$16,000 thereabouts - shipping brought everything up to about JMD$21,500. I assume customs going charge me $30,000 to clear it. Knowing them.....
    Last edited by khat17; Dec 1, 2017 at 01:51 PM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    I'm probably going to check it out soon and see what happens. Will post if it gets done.

*EDIT*
    So I realize that some items on the site for Jamaica can't be shipped out here. I actually ended up purchasing a refurbished PC for my brother.

https://www.newegg.com/global/jm/Pro...15&ignorebbr=1

Just something for him to do office work on. I tried to buy another one first, but kept getting an error regardless of what I changed. Once I changed the product to this one it worked however.

I also realized I couldn't purchase a USB hub because it made no sense. The shipping cost for the hub was absurd. So it makes no sense to buy unless you plan to ship a few things at once. Shipping on the item came up to about JMD$5,000. I managed to buy the USB hub and send to my US address, so will see how that goes and the PC. Hopefully when it comes the criminals don't steal things out of it.........

*EDIT*
    So it got here and is in Kingston and was shipped by FedEx! But.....held by customs (wretched set....) and I sent the consent form for FedEx to be my proxy and clear the item. Waiting to see how much millions they going charge me..........

Item cost was JMD$16,000 thereabouts - shipping brought everything up to about JMD$21,500. I assume customs going charge me $30,000 to clear it. Knowing them.....
    Any update on this

- how much it worked out to be through customs

Edit - just found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jamaica/com...ipping_update/
    Last edited by nevintech; Dec 20, 2017 at 02:06 PM.
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Sorry for the length without an update. I actually got the item for the total price quoted by NewEgg without any additional fees. I heard that customs wanted to charge me, but somehow it got worked out with them. Truth is that all fees except what customs might charge is what you get at checkout. Whether or not you'll have the same luck and not have to pay anything else is another matter.......I don't trust them people named customs.

So using newegg ja works out cheaper than shipping through a courier like shipme?
    MSI B350 Tomhawk | Ryzen 7 5700x | Cooler master hyper 212 evo heatsink | MSI gtx 1070 | Corsair 32gb DDR4 (3200Mhz) | Samsung 970 evo 1tb | Seagate 1tb + 500 gb | Dell 27 INCH-S2719DGF 2560x1440 144hz Monitor

Yes and no.

A heavy item of 20+ lbs was about JMD$6,000 to ship directly to the nearest FedEx store. Based on the cheapest rate I can think of - about JMD$480 per lb or so - 20lbs = $9,600. Estimated at some lower rates for higher weights is about JMD$7,150. And that would not include customs.

I tried to purchase a USD$8 item and they wanted to charge JMD$3,000 to ship to Jamaica. So if it's smaller then use the shipping companies. But for larger/heavier items (or more expensive ones) better to use FedEx directly from NewEgg. Worse case scenario you have to pay customs.