Thread: Digicel Wimax 4G Broadband Down? [Congestion Issue]

Default Digicel Wimax 4G Broadband Down? [Congestion Issue]

Has anyone else been having connection issues with their modems? My modem has been on and off for the past 4 days, It connects for a while when I hold the reset button, or do a power cycle but will last about 30-40 mins then starts in a signal reboot loop and stops issuing an IP address until it is unplugged or hard reset again. Digicel says its a congestion issue with my specific cell site but customers from all over on Facebook complaining now, so this seems to be getting worst. Anyone else experiencing this issue? More so any tech from digi here can give an update?

in my opinion The network overall is low priority

Here's my chat dialogue a few days ago

Transcripts:
    Operator has joined the chat.
    [09:51:57] Nevin Scott: Hi, has there been any improvements to the Wimax network
    [09:52:39] Operator: Happy to advise you Nevin.
    [09:52:59] Operator: The service will not be upgraded due to our transitions to Fibre to the Home and LTE, however we are making attempts to ensure the current broadband service that is offered can be maintained until such transitions have been fully completed.
    [09:57:50] Operator: Are you there?
    [10:03:28] Operator: Due to no response, I will have to end this session. Thanks for making it Digicel. Your agent was Lori-Ann.
    Operator has left the chat.
    The chat is ended.
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    in my opinion The network overall is low priority

Here's my chat dialogue a few days ago

Transcripts:
    Operator has joined the chat.
    [09:51:57] Nevin Scott: Hi, has there been any improvements to the Wimax network
    [09:52:39] Operator: Happy to advise you Nevin.
    [09:52:59] Operator: The service will not be upgraded due to our transitions to Fibre to the Home and LTE, however we are making attempts to ensure the current broadband service that is offered can be maintained until such transitions have been fully completed.
    [09:57:50] Operator: Are you there?
    [10:03:28] Operator: Due to no response, I will have to end this session. Thanks for making it Digicel. Your agent was Lori-Ann.
    Operator has left the chat.
    The chat is ended.
    Well at least they have plans to upgrade and expand thier Fibre to the home and LTE Network. They are just moving so slow, like they don't give a damn.

Update from customer care...

Dear valued customer,
    Thanks for contacting us.

We do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you have been experiencing with our 4G broadband service. Our technicians are aware of this issue in your area and they are working assiduously to have this resolved. At this time, we are not able to provide a definite timeframe for a resolution.

Regrettably there are a few of our sites that have posed a challenge with resolving issues within a timely manner and in the interim, we assist with any applicable waiver of fees for the poor/no service that you may experience once your current plan ends.

Please do not hesitate to make contact with us should you have further queries or concerns.

I am in St Thomas and i got the same exact response from them

I received a phone call from a digicel agent this morning regarding this signal loss issue, apparently their technicians are awaiting a software update from the manufacturer of the ex 250 modem to resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TechKid View Post
    I received a phone call from a digicel agent this morning regarding this signal loss issue, apparently their technicians are awaiting a software update from the manufacturer of the ex 250 modem to resolve the issue.

Thanks for this. Still happening in Kingston (Mona) and Spanish Town.

KMT
    Workstation: MacPro Server: HP Proliant ML10v2 with TrueNAS 12.0 Core

Quote Originally Posted by Rx View Post
    Thanks for this. Still happening in Kingston (Mona) and Spanish Town.

KMT
    They gonna move persons over to the LTE apparently as wimax is dead

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    They gonna move persons over to the LTE apparently as wimax is dead
    you were told that?

Wimax was unlimited - just saying
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android